BLOOD LEVELS AND HEART MEDICATION

dizzy_mad

Hello Everyone
Just need some advice would be grateful for some help please.
My mother has recently come out of hospital and has had some medication changed. There is one table in paticular that was changed which was DIJOXIN and RANAPRIL and SPIROCOCATONE both heart tablets
However since since she has come home i cannot get her blood levels down and they are constantly high.
She is on insulin (long term) and before she went into hospital her levels were below 10 day and night.
Now they are usually 12 in the morning and 15-22 in the evening.
Has anyone had these problems with this medication or similar problems to medication in general i would very much appreciate some advice.
She is slightly confused and restless and im assuming this is due to her levels.
The hospital was terrible and havn't helped one bit they just gave us the tablets and left us to deal with this.
Please help
xx

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Such sugar levels are excessive & dangerous & indicate medical advice is needed.

What is she eating, & what methods are used to control BS? What does her Dr advise?

dizzy_mad

nothing any different to what she was eating before she came out of hospital.
the doctor advised that it could be a change of routine and trauma. They advised us to increase the insulin levels by 4units in morning and then 2 units in the evening as this will help to stabalise it throughout the day. its worth a try might be just as they said difference in timing and routine]
thank u

dizzy_mad

Thank You Sarah
I will click on your link.
It is slowly improving just a worry when she has been on insulin for many years and now her tablets have changed the levels have also gone up.The hospitals just change them and your left to work it out on your own hahah have to be mind readers.
I know it could be due to different meal times and trauma so I'm just goin to closley monitor it for a week or so to see how we go.
But thank You for your help
dizzy

iHs

Hi

I'm sorry to hear that your mum is not feeling too well at the moment.

Spironolactone (water tablet) can make blood sugar levels increase so that is why your mum's bg levels are up. With any luck once you increase her insulin things will stablise.

http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/30002365/