Blood pressure

Cyclospora

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was admitted the other week with possible TIA - but at the stroke clinic a week later it was decided that it was part of a migraine (I felt I was talking rubbish but had just had a migraine without headache aura!). My bp was up when I was in hospital and I was given extra medication as I'm already on Ramapril. When I came home and tested myself my blood pressure was back to normal - actually at the lower end! I rang GP and said that I did not want to start the new medication and I had an appointment for them to check my bp in the surgery and I took along my bp monitor to compare readings. The results were comparable. Surprise surprise it was up and they think it maybe white coat syndrome but wanted me to check again to make sure. I did a week's worth of readings twice a day and readings were brilliant. On averate 110/65. When I went to surgery it was 140/80 so assumed it must be white coat but they didn't want to decrease ramapril yet.

This morning my readings were quite low 92/47 so I checked them a few times and then checked my other arm just in case and saw that there was a 30 point difference! 138/73 and the other readings were closer to the readings in the gp surgery. We did the same arm when we were doing the comparisons in the surgery - but did not do both arms :(

As you can imagine I've googled and will be ringing the gp on Monday!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So the nurse finally rang today and told me my average blood pressure is 116 / 71

Need to make an appointment with the doc and see what they make of it - thanks for all the comment
Perfectly normal.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Went to gp with bad chest 5 years ago to come out (after tests etc) with asthma, raised bp and diabetes and a shedload of medication. Now 5 years later that I’m taking my diabetes seriously all other symptoms are improving the better my blood sugars get. Must admit your bp looks normal to me and further discussion with gp is on the cards!
Picking up on the asthma @sue512

Life long asthmatic here.

Since started low carb higher fat, my asthma has receded I barely remember I have it

Even now, while other circumstances are keeping my BG higher then I like, it still isn't causing any issues.

Surprising how many other symptoms & illness improve once we get back to a less processed diet and start looking after ourselves a little better.

Reactions: lucylocket61

sue512

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rude people
Picking up on the asthma @sue512

Life long asthmatic here.

Since started low carb higher fat, my asthma has receded I barely remember I have it

Even now, while other circumstances are keeping my BG higher then I like, it still isn't causing any issues.

Surprising how many other symptoms & illness improve once we get back to a less processed diet and start looking after ourselves a little better.
My asthma wasn’t an issue until about 8 years ago and has steadily worsened until I’ve got control of my blood sugars and like you say less of a processed diet which is a priceless improvement and a small price to pay for remarkable life changing results

Reactions: lucylocket61