Blood Sugar in High 20's and GP not helping, please advise

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Called the Community Diabetic Clinic again today to be told that a doctor needed to look at my details to determine who I needed to be seen by, either a nurse or doctor and that it could be July before I am seen. Asked which clinic I wanted to attend (as in locality) so I said any, they said I might be seen quicker if I went to one in a certain village/small town, I said that was fine as it's where my parents live and where I come from but was told told it could still be a while. Burst into tears out of desperation and frustration and was sobbing down the phone (I should not be so weak), told them how ill I feel and that my BG was too high, but it made no diference.

I can't drive so my parents will take me to the appointment when I get one if it's where they live, or if not can go when husband is not at work or in bed (he works night-shifts). If needs be I would get a taxi.

Called the surgery I was going to transfer to and they said they would also send me to the CDC, so would not get seen any sooner of I was with them.

That is appalling.

I'm absolutely gobsmacked.

Did you get the name of the doctor that you would see, by chance?

I would now sit down and when calm (not tonight)! You have no choice but to write an appeal directly to the doctor.

You should be able to go on to the NHS Choices website and type in the name of the climic where you will be seen. From there ut should give you details of doctors that run the diabetic community team.

If not try googling the name of the place and
Somewhere it will give you the names if the doctors.
Write to them the details in bullet point format. Name, hospital number if you have it, The date of diagnosis, the last two weeks readings on a separate piece of paper and details of how ill you feel.. Ie blurred vision, constant feeling like fainting etc. state again that you do not consider that waiting is acceptable when you are trying so hard to stay away from A&E as an unplanned emergency.

Also you could contact PAL's... And also give them details and tell them again that you consider the waiting time excessive and by all acvounts now you are likely to end up in A&E as an unplanned admission.

Whilst talking to PAl's you could also ask for the name of the person you need to contact in the Freedom of Information Department so that you can find out how badly the newly diagnosed diabetics are being treated.

It needs balls to do this but I see that you have very luttle options left to you.,,

Reactions: 3 people

psychicsal

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sal, how are you? Have your BG results been lower today? Have you managed to see a GP? Really hope so. xx
Hi Scottie
Am totally wiped out, no they have been the same, am phoning doctors in morning when they open and demanding to see either nurse or gp.
Can't believe they making you wait it's totally ridiculous.
Thank you for your concern I really appreciate it xx

Reactions: 4 people

scottie1

That is appalling.

I'm absolutely gobsmacked.

Did you get the name of the doctor that you would see, by chance?

I would now sit down and when calm (not tonight)! You have no choice but to write an appeal directly to the doctor.

You should be able to go on to the NHS Choices website and type in the name of the climic where you will be seen. From there ut should give you details of doctors that run the diabetic community team.

If not try googling the name of the place and
Somewhere it will give you the names if the doctors.
Write to them the details in bullet point format. Name, hospital number if you have it, The date of diagnosis, the last two weeks readings on a separate piece of paper and details of how ill you feel.. Ie blurred vision, constant feeling like fainting etc. state again that you do not consider that waiting is acceptable when you are trying so hard to stay away from A&E as an unplanned emergency.

Also you could contact PAL's... And also give them details and tell them again that you consider the waiting time excessive and by all acvounts now you are likely to end up in A&E as an unplanned admission.

Whilst talking to PAl's you could also ask for the name of the person you need to contact in the Freedom of Information Department so that you can find out how badly the newly diagnosed diabetics are being treated.

It needs balls to do this but I see that you have very luttle options left to you.,,

Thank you Donnelly, you are right, I am left with no options. Please do not be offended, but I will read this again tomorrow and will do as you have advised, I just can't read it clearly just now as am all muddled up. It's not going in as it should, but I promise, I will do it.

Reactions: 3 people

scottie1

Hi Scottie
Am totally wiped out, no they have been the same, am phoning doctors in morning when they open and demanding to see either nurse or gp.
Can't believe they making you wait it's totally ridiculous.
Thank you for your concern I really appreciate it xx

So sorry to hear that Sal, everything crossed that you get seen tomorrow xx

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thank you Donnelly, you are right, I am left with no options. Please do not be offended, but I will read this again tomorrow and will do as you have advised, I just can't read it clearly just now as am all muddled up. It's not going in as it should, but I promise, I will do it.

Not offended.. Thats what I meant that you need to be in a calm mood.. Not muddled etc to write anything.
You don't have to write. Its only my interpretaion of the choices you have left other than waiting until July.

psychicsal

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Scottie
Still not great sugar levels are still sky high, have got another appointment Thursday next week at my gp.
Monday I'm seeing the diabetes people twice, once at the hospital in the morning, then in afternoon am seeing someone else, but everyone now is saying i should be on insulin now.
Sorry not been on but been having internet problems.
How are you anyways ?
Xx

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
@scottie1

Worried about you.. Please let us know how you are...

shez

Scottie
Where are you? Have you seen the doc we are getting worried now, even if you don't want to talk just let us no you are ok

Reactions: 2 people

psychicsal

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi
I have been suffering now for few months now with high blood sugar levels, as many of you know
my readings before meals are mid 20s after meals are 30 + my energy levels r at all time low, im drink ova 7 litres of water per day plus tea
i have had bloods which i have every 3 months for my diabetes which was also high, ive had my water sample test which showed ketone , glucose blood etc etc everything came back positive.
Everyone so far has also told me i need to go on Insulin i am seeing my GP on Thursday morning so need to discuss this with her because i am feeling so unwell now i sound drunk when i talk even though i dont drink aha
i wont go to hospital because my anxiety level are so high at moment it would kill me