• Blood sugar levels

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blood sugar levels

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Angelloubjr33

Type of diabetes
Type 2
hi I have recently had to up my metformin and been put on gliclazide because my diebeties was out of control .which is my own fault I suffer with depression and on bad days eat things I shouldn't it's been a wake up call and am now trying to lose weight and eat healthy but my sugar levels are a bit up and down on Friday my sugar levels are as follows
Before breakfast 18.6 before lunch was 20.2 after lunch was 13.6 before dinner was 12.5 after dinner was 16.1 and bed time was 14.1
Saturday was before breakfast 12.1 after was 14.4 before dinner 9.4 after was 10.9 bed time was 10.1 Sunday was before breakfast 10.8 after 13.2 before dinner 7.4 after 10.6 bed time 10.0
Then today before breakfast was 9.6 after 11.3 before dinner 8.1 after 11.9 all after have been 2 hours after I'm so disheartened especially as I'm being really good hope someone can help

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow that is an amazing reduction in just 3 days, you have halved you pre breakfast reading. Please don't be disheartened it can take months to achieve this, keep going.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What are you eating?
For most type twos blood glucose levels are pushed up by eating carbohydrate dense foods, and those numbers are a bit worrying if you are on gliclazide, which encourages the release of extra insulin. Stick to lower carb foods and you will hopefully see the numbers reducing so you don't need to squeeze out your pancreas.

Angelloubjr33

Type of diabetes
Type 2
What are you eating?
For most type twos blood glucose levels are pushed up by eating carbohydrate dense foods, and those numbers are a bit worrying if you are on gliclazide, which encourages the release of extra insulin. Stick to lower carb foods and you will hopefully see the numbers reducing so you don't need to squeeze out your pancreas.
Hi
First day I had a brown thin with 3 slices of bacon dinner I had brown thin with a chicken burger lettuce 3 ouinon rimgs and some coleslaw apple snack I had a little cheese 3 slices of ham pickled ouinons and a few almonds
Day two
2 weetabix with milk
Satsuma and an apple
Dinner
Roast turkey with sprouts broccoli cauliflower carrots and gravy
Snack 3 slices of ham one egg peppers beetroot banana apple
Day 3
Breakfast poached egg on a brown thin
Snack satsuma peach
Dinner about ten chips Kiev and veg weight watchers yoghurt
Snack
Apple and a sugar free jelly

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't know what a brown thin is, but the apples, probably the gravy, the banana the weetabix, satsuma and peach the chips and weight watchers yogurt are high in carbs.
With the Gliclazide pushing up your insulin you need to be careful not to go low, but you are eating carbs in plenty.

Angelloubjr33

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I don't know what a brown thin is, but the apples, probably the gravy, the banana the weetabix, satsuma and peach the chips and weight watchers yogurt are high in carbs.
With the Gliclazide pushing up your insulin you need to be careful not to go low, but you are eating carbs in plenty.
I’m a type 2 diebetic
So am I doing ok a brown thin is like bread but really thin and low in fat etc I feel so tired today

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m a type 2 diebetic
So am I doing ok a brown thin is like bread but really thin and low in fat etc I feel so tired today
You will be tired as your diet is high carb and the Gliclazide is pushing out extra insulin.
I am type two as well, but I don't need medication as I eat a low carb diet. You should avoid eating low fat foods as they do not give you long lasting energy, normally they provide a sugar spike and then a rapid falling off.

Angelloubjr33

Type of diabetes
Type 2
You will be tired as your diet is high carb and the Gliclazide is pushing out extra insulin.
I am type two as well, but I don't need medication as I eat a low carb diet. You should avoid eating low fat foods as they do not give you long lasting energy, normally they provide a sugar spike and then a rapid falling off.
So what do I do then as trying to lose weight to Help I’m so confused

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you reduce your intake of carbohydrate your insulin will reduce - though as you are taking Gliclazide that might cause problems with hypos if you are too successful. You will need to tell your doctor if you start to drop lower.
Foods which are low fat versions are normally higher in carbohydrate, so are best avoided. Unfortunately it is not fat which causes weight gain as it doesn't cause insulin to be produced. If you eat low carb foods with what used to be considered normal amounts of fat then your weight should drop significantly.

Angelloubjr33

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If you reduce your intake of carbohydrate your insulin will reduce - though as you are taking Gliclazide that might cause problems with hypos if you are too successful. You will need to tell your doctor if you start to drop lower.
Foods which are low fat versions are normally higher in carbohydrate, so are best avoided. Unfortunately it is not fat which causes weight gain as it doesn't cause insulin to be produced. If you eat low carb foods with what used to be considered normal amounts of fat then your weight should drop significantly.
What foods are low carb ??

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
It's perhaps easier to say what are high carb foods and these are in general things like rice, pasta, potatoes, cereals, bread and if you can cut these carby foods your blood sugar will benefit.
Low carb foods include meat, fish and poultry, cheese, eggs and SOME fruits, full fat yoghurt (no added sugar), green vegetables.