1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, slow the spread of COVID-19 through social distancing and avoid social gatherings. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and at GOV.UK. Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Blood sugar record books

Discussion in 'Newly Diagnosed' started by Milly11, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Milly11

Milly11 Type 2 · Member

Can anyone tell me where I can order a new diary to record my blood sugar levels please? I registered with the makers of my monitor & ordered 1 before. Went to order 1 today to be told I've had the maximum allowance. I can't get anymore. I don't know where to get them from
    Thanks in advance x

2. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

Doesn't your meter have a memory?
    I have never bothered to make a separate record, I can get individual numbers, or the average of the last week two weeks and month from the meter.

3. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

I don’t know what meter you have but Home Health sell them for a nominal amount. I got one with my SD Code Free meter when I bought it from them and you can buy further supplies. However I stopped using them preferring to record my readings on apps on my iPhone. I use two because I like the graphs on Glucose Companion and the estimated HbA1c in MySugr

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

You could just copy the headings from the diary onto any little notepad and go from there?

Alternatively, there's on in the shop, on this site: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/shop/90-day-blood-glucose-log-book-pack-free-postage

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. david1968

david1968 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

I use a page per day diary and just write the relevant info... Level, dose, meal, time, notes,

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

I use a regular calendar/diary. Mine is one week per 2-page spread. My OneTouch Ultra meter also keeps records, and averages readings, but I like having the diary.

9. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

Abbot's Freedom Lite meter has good software that is free, that will print out the log book and other charts etc.

As I have mentioned on numerous occasions, that I use Diabetic Journal to record them in also as that has some different features that I use to print out info with.

Every time I go to see my GP he gives me a couple of logbooks, which I give back to the woman at reception, no quotas or allowances here.

Even Abbot and Accu Chek will send you them free of charge if you ask them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. XxTinkerxx

XxTinkerxx Type 2 · Well-Known Member

My DN gave me one. Although I went and bought my own which was more useful.

Try asking at your surgery. They have loads of stuff for free. Well mine does anyway!

11. Milly11

Milly11 Type 2 · Member

Yes I can do this on my monitor but the diabetic nurse always asks for my record book x

12. Milly11

Milly11 Type 2 · Member

I do this already. I'm still keeping a food diary. X

• Like Like x 1
  13. alanj

alanj Type 2 · Member

novonordisk.co.uk you can order 2 at a time

14. NicoleC1971

NicoleC1971 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I could see loads of them when I went to clinic this week so am sure your diabetes nurse will have freebies.
    I do not keep a handwritten record though unless I need to change my basal rate of insulin or spot a change in my bolus ratios.

15. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

Ah you have someone who takes an interest - my HCPs don't seem all that bothered.

16. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

My GP looks through my one month printout I give him when I put in a new NDSS strip application form, which includes logbook and several charts.

He has never asked me for more than a months readings for the log book though.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook