Blood sugar record books

Milly11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can anyone tell me where I can order a new diary to record my blood sugar levels please? I registered with the makers of my monitor & ordered 1 before. Went to order 1 today to be told I've had the maximum allowance. I can't get anymore. I don't know where to get them from
Thanks in advance x

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Doesn't your meter have a memory?
I have never bothered to make a separate record, I can get individual numbers, or the average of the last week two weeks and month from the meter.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don’t know what meter you have but Home Health sell them for a nominal amount. I got one with my SD Code Free meter when I bought it from them and you can buy further supplies. However I stopped using them preferring to record my readings on apps on my iPhone. I use two because I like the graphs on Glucose Companion and the estimated HbA1c in MySugr

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can anyone tell me where I can order a new diary to record my blood sugar levels please? I registered with the makers of my monitor & ordered 1 before. Went to order 1 today to be told I've had the maximum allowance. I can't get anymore. I don't know where to get them from
Thanks in advance x

You could just copy the headings from the diary onto any little notepad and go from there?

Alternatively, there's on in the shop, on this site: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/shop/90-day-blood-glucose-log-book-pack-free-postage

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I use a page per day diary and just write the relevant info... Level, dose, meal, time, notes,

Reactions: db89

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use a regular calendar/diary. Mine is one week per 2-page spread. My OneTouch Ultra meter also keeps records, and averages readings, but I like having the diary.

D

Deleted member 308541

You can also get free ones via their Freestyle Progress support programme.
Abbot's Freedom Lite meter has good software that is free, that will print out the log book and other charts etc.

As I have mentioned on numerous occasions, that I use Diabetic Journal to record them in also as that has some different features that I use to print out info with.

Went to order 1 today to be told I've had the maximum allowance. I can't get anymore
Every time I go to see my GP he gives me a couple of logbooks, which I give back to the woman at reception, no quotas or allowances here.

Even Abbot and Accu Chek will send you them free of charge if you ask them.

Reactions: XxTinkerxx

XxTinkerxx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude & condescending people. I will call you out on it.
My DN gave me one. Although I went and bought my own which was more useful.

Try asking at your surgery. They have loads of stuff for free. Well mine does anyway!

Milly11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Doesn't your meter have a memory?
I have never bothered to make a separate record, I can get individual numbers, or the average of the last week two weeks and month from the meter.
Yes I can do this on my monitor but the diabetic nurse always asks for my record book x

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I could see loads of them when I went to clinic this week so am sure your diabetes nurse will have freebies.
I do not keep a handwritten record though unless I need to change my basal rate of insulin or spot a change in my bolus ratios.

D

Deleted member 308541

Ah you have someone who takes an interest - my HCPs don't seem all that bothered.
My GP looks through my one month printout I give him when I put in a new NDSS strip application form, which includes logbook and several charts.

He has never asked me for more than a months readings for the log book though.