blood sugar very high

josefreitas

Good evening . I need some help. SORRY.
After I take the insulin (12 units) beafore I go to bed the blood sugar levels go very high .19.5 19.7 etc. is it ok.
Regards: jose :?:

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
not really. These numbers are still high. Difficult to help though with so little info.

michaeldavid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not thinking
Those are high readings. But it's not an immediate emergency, so I wouldn't worry too much just now.

However, for the sake of your future health, you certainly don't want to make a habit of it.

Think about what you ate earlier in the evening. That will probably explain the high readings.

I've been insulin dependent for thirty years. But only relatively recently did I discover how to keep my blood-sugar near normal most of the time, and how to do that safely.

I certainly didn't make that discovery by following orthodox practice. The main elements are these: 1. When I take insulin; 2. What I eat; 3. Testing my blood-sugar a lot.

I have made quite a few posting on this Forum relating to my own management.

kyleo

hi. this is my first post on here. im 23 and only been diagnosed with t1 for 10 month and still on honeymoon. Maybe what im going to say, you already know but just in case you are new to this...
it takes me about 20-30 mins before the insulin has an affect. so if you have just checked your bloods right after taking insulin, thats maybe why they are high
What are your readings through the day?
12 units of lantus?