Venkat K

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That sounds like an excellent plan.

Today I ate dinner and lunch together at 3:30 p.m

Checked blood sugars was 7.0. Around 5:30 blood sugars is 6.8

Ate avacado egg, salad, cauliflower cheese and my homemade bread.
A917205E-539B-4CCF-9D7F-4482D8F5BE00.jpg
1DE60B5C-FB5B-46DD-A140-D805419DF610.jpg
9E460304-BBF8-4988-BB33-B9B990C8BCE9.jpg

Koalajane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My blood sugar this morning was 5.2. Yesterday I had 1 slice of Hilo bread with 2 poached eggs for breakfast, then a late lunch/dinner of chicken, asparagus, a few small gnocchi, mushrooms and 2 small new potatoes with a very small slice of ginger cake to follow.
I was at my sons for lunch and do not usually eat potatoes or cake!

Venkat K

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today i checked in the morning around 7:30AM blood sugar was 7.8. It is improved lot from mid 9 before.

But last night my sleep was not good because i had Lunch and dinner around 3:30 PM.

I need to find some thing to fill me without increase in blood sugars.

Reactions: kokhongw

Angelofthemarches

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Horrible shoes
Today i checked in the morning around 7:30AM blood sugar was 7.8. It is improved lot from mid 9 before.

But last night my sleep was not good because i had Lunch and dinner around 3:30 PM.

Just from a quick look I would up your protein and possibly fats. Do you log what you have eaten??

Venkat K

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My blood sugar this morning was 5.2. Yesterday I had 1 slice of Hilo bread with 2 poached eggs for breakfast, then a late lunch/dinner of chicken, asparagus, a few small gnocchi, mushrooms and 2 small new potatoes with a very small slice of ginger cake to follow.
I was at my sons for lunch and do not usually eat potatoes or cake!

What is your highest reading ever in any day. What did you eat? Do you do lot of exercise to keep blood sugars low?

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
good for diabetics.
I'm not sure it actually says it's good for diabetics - if you read carefully my interpretation is that it's not as bad as refined wheat products! That is slightly different. Also it does not state low carb - it doesn't mention carbs in any of the nutrition tables, Buyer beware!

Angelofthemarches

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Horrible shoes
Normally i take a picture of what i am eating on my phone.
I log precise amounts and macros (protein, fat, carbs) each day. Really really helps along with testing to get a clear idea of what helps blood glucose control.

Zilsniggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I am only diet controlled , but struggle to eat low enough levels of carbs , I aim to be under 100 grams of carbs daily , and that is not especially low I know but I do miss the carbs so much . My level is usually a bit higher and therefor my morning blood glucose is in the area of 6.5 mmol and on the more succesful days I get just into the fives like 5.7-5.9 mmol that is if I manage to stay under 100 grams of carbs .

Try reducing the carbs to below 50g, 100g is probably not very well tolerated by your body. We all have different carb tolerances and your sugars show that you don't tolerate 100g carb at all well. We all miss carbs, but my bet is that we'll all miss our eyes, limbs and kidneys once they're gone, more. Are carbs worth that much to you? Blunt but true.

Zilsniggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin

If youre trying to eat low carb, you need to increase good fat intake. There doesn't seem to be much fat in your meals. Fat and protein are what keep you full. Also, try having a fatty snack before bed, a little cheese or a few nuts. That can delay the release and absorption of sugars from carbs, and might make a difference to fasting blood sugars. You haven't been doing this long, and really only dabbling with dietary changes. Fasting sugars are often the last to come down, and can take months to lower to normal levels. You also need to be testing before meals, then an hour and two hours after the first bite, to ascertain what actually might be spiking your sugar. Wheat, especially bulgur wheat, is no diabetic's friend, nor is any form of bread.

Venkat K

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If youre trying to eat low carb, you need to increase good fat intake. There doesn't seem to be much fat in your meals. Fat and protein are what keep you full. Also, try having a fatty snack before bed, a little cheese or a few nuts. That can delay the release and absorption of sugars from carbs, and might make a difference to fasting blood sugars. You haven't been doing this long, and really only dabbling with dietary changes. Fasting sugars are often the last to come down, and can take months to lower to normal levels. You also need to be testing before meals, then an hour and two hours after the first bite, to ascertain what actually might be spiking your sugar. Wheat, especially bulgur wheat, is no diabetic's friend, nor is any form of bread.

Thanks for suggestions. I have been eating snack made from Sesame seed paste mixed with pecan nuts, hazel nut, almond nuts, half spoon of honey, butter and two spoons of Erythitol. Also keto chocolate made from Erythitol, butter, cocoa power and almond butter.

You are true fasting sugars are the last ones to come down. Last week i eat without bread and snacks i mentioned above but skipped afternoon meal. Fasting blood sugars come down from mid 9 to mid 7.

I have followed with out any carbs keto diet for two or three months from April to June with out any medication. My HB1AC come down to 48. Then i thought of introduce some good carbs which are good for gut bacteria and my overall health. So i added homemade sourdough bread made from Spelt flour, Rye flower, flax seed flour and Xantam gum, slat, backing powder, olives, gobi berries and sourdough starter.

It is increased my fasting blood sugars up to mid 9 but i started cycling to work 11 miles each way. I was controlling blood sugars by evening it was going down to mid 5 or 6.

Now fasting afternoon made drop in my blood sugars about 1 or 1.5 in morning and evening.

Also i am checking blood sugars before and after meals. Most of the time increase was 1 or 1.5. Worst increase was 3mmol/l

Sirmione

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Donald Trump
I always have a few small cans of tinned Tuna in Olive Oil in the food cupboard.
One thing to be aware is meter accuracy.
When I first started going "on the meter" I tried a few brands of meter and found widely varying results on the same blood sample so I benchmarked them again against test solutions. All the meters were pretty much in agreement at the hypo end, (which is good news for anyone on insulin. I only found one brand that was consistently low against test solution. As a T2 using a meter as a guide an LCHF diest I was looking for accuracy in range of 5 to 9mmol/l . Against both test solution and real blood samples meter readings had a much wider spread above 5mmol/l. Almost all the results against test solution were within the acceptable error range but high. One of the bigger selling more expensive brands consistently returned results higher than any of the others.
As result of my rough and ready trial the only two types of meter I now trust for daily use l are those in Contour Next range and the humble SD CodeFree. The CodeFree because of the cheaper running costs is my choice and its running averages have proved a very good predictor my HbA1c .

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have followed with out any carbs keto diet for two or three months from April to June with out any medication. My HB1AC come down to 48. Then i thought of introduce some good carbs which are good for gut bacteria and my overall health. So i added homemade sourdough bread made from Spelt flour, Rye flower, flax seed flour and Xantam gum, slat, backing powder, olives, gobi berries and sourdough starter.

It is increased my fasting blood sugars up to mid 9 but i started cycling to work 11 miles each way. I was controlling blood sugars by evening it was going down to mid 5 or 6.
Your numbers are still fairly high.. Adding back in the carbs wasn't probably the best idea. In your shoes I'd remove any flour and go back to your ketogenic diet until your sugars are back in the "normal" range.

Reactions: pixie1

Venkat K

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Your numbers are still fairly high.. Adding back in the carbs wasn't probably the best idea. In your shoes I'd remove any flour and go back to your ketogenic diet until your sugars are back in the "normal" range.

I understand and i am following since a week without any bread.

If i follow low carb diet my sleeping pattern getting worse. I am waking up at night lot of times(not because needed a toilet).

Does any one suffered this? What do you did to fix insomnia during Lowcarb diet?

I do take magnesium supplement after dinner.

Venkat K

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am on the Libre Blood Sugar Diet and I managed after almost 10 years being diabetic type 2 to completely reverse my diabetes in 4 Months. I was almost 10 years taking insulin. And I am currently diabetic free which my doctor and I am both surprisingly overjoyed but still in shock about. Anyways it is worth a try.

Do you still check blood sugars before and after meals? Could you please share how you did reversed your Type 2?

How long you are following this diet i guess it is low carb diet?

Venkat K

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I do eat before going to bed dessert made with nuts sesame seed, pecan nuts, hazel nuts, peanuts, butter, coconut oil and Erythritol.

My evening sugars before dinner is around 5 to 6 depending on exercise that day.

My morning fasting sugars came down to from mid 9 to 8 after a week of skipping some afternoon meals.

Attachments

• B09AE33B-4FA0-4BFD-A327-55DD0473A367.jpg
    B09AE33B-4FA0-4BFD-A327-55DD0473A367.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 348

Happy hippy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football
I reduced my HbA1c from 53 to 35 in 3 months and have now maintained that for a year - on diet alone. Well, I also walk for 1 1/5 hrs a day too. But I don't take medication.

Well done and congratulations Alexandra.
53 to 35. That’s brilliant. Wish I could do that........I’m trying but not mobile due to severe painful arthritis in hip and back.
Maddy UK.
type two - Insulin and meds.

feniangirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
JoKalsbeek what do you eat to be that low? I seem to have brilliant days of 4s and 5s and then the following day 6s and 7s. So confusing. Yesterday after breakfast if two boiled eggs it was 5.9 and 5.8 but today same breakfast it was 6.7 and 7.1!!! It’s driving me mad.
Me too! Makes no sense.

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I need a small fix before bed to help me sleep, but I have a square of 85% lindt chocolate and a couple of small squares of a stevia chocolate with some hot milk, cocoa and a pinch of stevia (a mix of full fat and coconut milk).
I've tried testing to check on the impact of bread, and found anything more than 1.5 slices of a lower carb bread will cause a spike. Sourdough is still relatively high carb, so I avoid it.