Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
hi. had loads of eye tests drops in n eye scans etc... drops dont 'always' sting, always take someone who will drive you there and back home safetly, blurry vision clears completely after 4-5hrs. Vision will n does return to normal. Good tip take pair of decent sunglasses with you as light n sunshine appears extra bright after drops put in , sunglasses make it more bearable! most importantly it is never painful so please dont worry. Anna.x

ailz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
people that make me panic. Racism - in fact most 'isms'
The drops are to dilate your pupils so that a photo can be taken of the back of your eye. This means that your eyes behave as though you are in very, very low light - and of course you aren't. The blurring is mainly through your eyes watering to protect themselves from too much light.

Cheers
Ailz

primmers

I had my retinopathy screening test a couple of weeks ago, no drops were used. The chap was very good, showed me the pictures of the inside of both my eyes, explained what retinopathy was and what it would look like and said that although he was not a high enough grade to be able to sign the picture off he'd be surprised if I got bad news. He reckoned a good proprtion of folk he screened didn't need the eye drops to be ensure a good screening picture. I had walked there as there was no available chauffeur, and had to walk home again in the rain; I could have taken the car after all but at least I got my exercise :lol:

I got my feedback letter well within the fortnight he said, as predicted it was fine.

roxy44

great news for you :) , i wonder why they dont check that your pupils enlarge enough to do the test before they put the drops in!!?, but who am i to question :shock:

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Just returned from my annual retinal scan and have been shopping on the way home, got a few funny looks in Tesco as I was wearing dark glasses on an overcast day, just tried to look like Roy Orbison and blended in 8)

Hardly any blurred vision but my eyes were more light sensitive than in previous years, perhaps they got more eye drops in this year.

The good news, for me at least, is that there is no further damage and in fact a slight improvement to my background retinopathy so all is good in the Bonkers household tonight :D

It really is nothing to worry about Roxy, just a little uncomfortable when the drops go in, you'll be fine.

roxy44

Thanx so much SId, i'm so glad your eyes have improved a little, and thanx for putting my mind at rest, best not let the Hubby know i might be able to shop after though, he was hoping that will be 1 day i dont spend :lol: