Blurred vision

Bethg1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Has anyone had blurred vision in spots before?

I have been type 1 for 16 years and never experienced this. My sugars are up and down at the moment, but usually well controlled.

I have had blurred vision for around a week now, its only certain spots on my eyes and I can see things further away but have struggled with my laptop and phone screen, I have had to increase the size of text to be able to read it.

I am really worried and have read it goes away but just wondered if anyone else had experienced this?

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
I think you need to see your Dr or an optician, it needs checking out you can't be too careful with your eyes

M

Member496333

That sounds very much like macular oedema (isolated blurring). Hopefully it isn’t, but you should seek medical advice as soon as possible.

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Has anyone had blurred vision in spots before?

I have been type 1 for 16 years and never experienced this. My sugars are up and down at the moment, but usually well controlled.

I have had blurred vision for around a week now, its only certain spots on my eyes and I can see things further away but have struggled with my laptop and phone screen, I have had to increase the size of text to be able to read it.

I am really worried and have read it goes away but just wondered if anyone else had experienced this?

Hi, It could be 'Floaters'. Both my brother and I suffer quite badly from them. They are only noticeable when looking at certain backgrounds - a white background is the worst.
But please check with an Optician to get a proper diagnosis.

Dark Horse

You should see your optometrist - if it is macular oedema, they can arrange for you to be referred to the Hospital Eye Service.