Boil on lower abdomen

Diligent500

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I dislike being diabetic and two heavy I am 80kg and want to get down to 50 kg very soon.
Hi to all,

I noticed when getting washed a boil on lower abdomen really red and a bit of pus come out but proberby not all I am @t docs in morning so will mention it n see what he says it' s Really sore n catches on my clothes first time
I've had this since being diabetic.

Diligent500.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
Hi to all,

I noticed when getting washed a boil on lower abdomen really red and a bit of pus come out but proberby not all I am @t docs in morning so will mention it n see what he says it' s Really sore n catches on my clothes first time
I've had this since being diabetic.

Diligent500.
Best get it checked out in case of infection. Perhaps you are a little run down

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Prior to diagnosis and until id got good control of my sugars, I used to get frequent boils / abcesses in all manner of places - since getting sugars under control I havent had any for years

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Stress causes boils for me. Antibiotics are always prescribed in my case.

I did not know what it was with my first one so for the 'benefit' of those who have never seen one it looks like a miniature volcano and can have a tiny opening at the peak and can be quite a lot darker than the unaffected surrounding skin. Yeah lovely! Can become very painful and as has been said, can catch on clothing.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Thanks for the info @Guzzler but the one I have at the moment I cannot see but can feel it alright when sitting down.

Diligent500

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I dislike being diabetic and two heavy I am 80kg and want to get down to 50 kg very soon.
Hi to all,

Been to docs given me antibiotics which I am reluctant to take because I get thrush and I cannot cope with it at all.

So what do I do?
How long will it take to go lol.

Diligent500.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Leaving boils untreated can an have consequences such as:

Cellulitis (an infection of the deeper layers of skin) is the most common secondary infection associated with boils and carbuncles. ... osteomyelitis – an infection that develops inside a bone. endocarditis – an infection of the inner layer of the heart. septicaemia – an infection of the blood

I would advise you to follow your doctors recommendations and deal with the possible thrush if and when it happens. That is just my opinion though you must decide for yourself.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
And next time ask the doc if you can wait it out a little longer or if you really need to start the medicine right away. For this time I would take my medicine and make sure you have something for the thrush in your cupboard so you can treat at soon as you notice.