Book Corner.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've read Lady of Hay in the past week about Matilda de Broase and her relationship with King John.

Now picked up a book called Sarum by Edward Ruthefurd about Salisbury plain. I've only just started it so cant say so far what its like. I did read Rutherfurd's book called London and that was good fun so hoping this one is the same. On the basis that London was a good book I went and purchased all the other books Rutherfurd wrote including New York, Paris, Dublin, Russka and the New Forest.

Basically he picks somewhere and writes the history behind it using different family trees. Worth a read

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Just ordered 'The Tattooist' about the concentration camp numberer and 'This is Going to Hurt' diary of a junior doctor. Managed to get both s/h and hardback so am chuffed.
been wanting to read that doctors book for a while

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I've read the Tattooist of Auschwitz in the past week.

Now reading The lady's Slipper by Deborah Swift. It's centred around a woman's obsession for a plant and is set just after Cromwell has been defeated. I actually think it's an OK book
think i would like to read this book.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
try your local library once it is open, that's where I sourced it from. I enjoyed it
Am living in France, but not yet able to read novels in French.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Am living in France, but not yet able to read novels in French.
Don't they have English books in French libraries? Dutch libraries, even the small ones, have books in other languages. Mainly English, but also French and German. They also have a system where you can order books from other libraries to be delivered to your library, thus creating quite a big library, even in foreign languages.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good idea. I might try that , when i have some spare time

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have finished Sarum - pretty good read.

Now back to Last Kingdom series so reading The Empty Throne. Got myself a bit cofuzzled at the beginning but now it has worked itself out.

Yellredder

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Finished Invisible Women, finally, a hard but interesting read. Followed by The Testaments and I've started another Margaret Atwood that I can't remember what it's called! Also started The Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed out of The Window and Disappeared, which is quite entertaining!

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Havent done much reading over the past few weeks, been watching more tv and trying to decorate the house.

Have picked up the next Bernard Cornwell book called Warriors of the Storm. I think I have about another 4 to go to get myself up to date.

Looking forward to getting to Waterstones and the library to source more to read

Mummybear3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve just finished “why mummy doesn’t give a fxxk” the third of three books I have never laughed as much in my life whilst reading. I can completely relate to her literature

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reading A Prisoner of Birth by Jeffrey Archer. Only a couple of chapters in.

Was one of my charity shop finds.

Hubby has just bought me another copy of an old 80's book called Swan Song by Robert McCammon. I did have an original but dont know where it went and if I could find it I could get myself a couple of hundred pounds off the good old internet

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Finished A Prisoner of Birth - really enjoyed it.

Now reading War Cry by Wilbur Smith featuring David Churchill (another writer I enjoy). I have a few other things to do before I can start this one so looking forward to some down time.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have to say I was a bit silly with War Cry as there are 2 other books prior to that I havent read as yet. Now to source them

So I'm now reading Whiteout by Ken Follett. Only a couple of chapters in so we will see how it pans out

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Finished Whiteout - it was OK

Reading another Follett book called Hornet Flight. Again only a few chapters in so we shall see how this goes. Might read some today in the garden while hubby cuts the lawn

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just started Dunstan by Conn Iggulden. Havent read anything by this author before although I do believe on my e-reader hubby has put some of his other books.

I enjoyed Hornet Flight by Ken Follett - well worth a go if you like espionage around the war and definately if you like heritage airplanes.

streem26

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I read Call Me By Your Name this summer. then I read a book series, the “Like Us” series by Becca and Krista Richie. There are 7 books so far and it’s a fast and easy read. .
I've also been continuing my pleasure reading Papercrafts: The best of card creations

Last edited:

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bought another 3 books yesterday. One by Maeve Binchy cus they are easy to read, one by Conn Iggulden and the other has slipped my mind but it's about Rome. 3 for a £1 in the local charity shop. Also bought some children's books for my granddaughter. Hoping she follows the craze and enjoys reading instead of relying on tech

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Finished Dunstan. It was OK. I had fun reading the author's notes at the end of the book. Made me want to read more by the same author.

I've picked up an easy book to read but again sure I've read it before.

Reading Pandora by Jilly Cooper - told you it was an easy book

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Read Pandora - what a brief glance of fresh air.

I now have a library book by Ben Kane called LionHeart. Bet you cant work out who the character is?