1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Book Corner.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Guzzler, Jul 4, 2017.

1. wolfie11969

wolfie11969 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Finished LionHeart. Should have been an easy book to read but had many distractions, hence only just finishing it.

I'm now reading a book by one of my favourite authors - Ken Follett's The Morning and the Evening. Managed to source it on the e-reader as my hands arent too good at the moment so cant manage the heavy book.

Bought 5 more books in the charity shop. I have room for about 6 more books and then will need another book case. I need to stop buying I guess. (as an aside I have a spot picked out for my new book case)

2. wolfie11969

Still reading Morning and the evening. I have nearly finished so eyeing up my next book. I think I will be going back to the Uhtred series of books by Bernard Cornwell as he has just released the ending to the saga.

Hubby mentioned buying me another bookcase so fingers crossed. He reckons I'll never get to read them all ha ha

3. wolfie11969

I am reading The Flame Bearer by Bernard Cornwell, the continuing saga of Uhtred of Bebbanburg

4. hankjam

hankjam Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Just finished Kate Atkinson's Emotionally Weird.
    Set in early 70's Dundee and other place, most takes place in her struggles to attend lectures, seminars and complete essays as an undergrad in the University of Dundee English department. I went to Uni there in 76 and it's a complete hoot of a book. I still live here and reading a book with jam packed with local references is a different experience.
    Recommend anything by KA.

5. Choosehappy

Choosehappy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Has anyone read the midnight sun book yet? The spin off from the twilight saga? Wondering if any good as fancied buying

6. wolfie11969

Well I tried Enigma by Robert Harris - no luck

Tried Schindler's List by Thomas Keneally - no luck

So picked up a book by Charlotte Bingham called The Wind off the Sea. Easy reading

Enigma didnt work as I was coming home on the plane with lots of disturbances and also its abook you have to concentrate on the terminology

Schindler's List didnt work as I couldnt get my head around the way it was wrote. I did read Schindler's Ark as a teen so not sure if it is the same book. Answers on a postcard please

7. hankjam

hankjam Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Ark is the original name, though I never knew that till I just looked it up....

I found Enigma to be a cracking read, though possibly not for a place trip. Harris's Roman stuff is very good.

8. wolfie11969

Yes I have a few Harris books on both the e-reader and the library upstairs. I will go back to both books and read them again, or try to. My head not in the best place hence the easy reading book.

My library (2 bookcases lol) has both easy reading and some more stuff u have to concentrate on. And stuff I've read a few times but really enjoyed like Tolkein.

Always looking for new books to read so join in and suggest a few if you can :)

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook