Booster jabs

RobertJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I notice it's all Type 2s who are unvaccinated so far. I'd be interested to hear from a Type 1 who is unvaccinated or only had two jabs, or hesitant about having the fourth.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
I am type 2 with raised blood sugars. I have had the first 3 vaccinations and avoided Covid throughout. My last booster was in November' 21. My appointment for my booster was booked for 2 weeks time but almost 2 weeks ago I tested positive and have been very poorly with it. I suspect that the affect of my last booster had run down as it was almost a year ago. Although I still caught the virus I still believe it prevented me needing medical intervention/ hospitalisation. My doctor's have delayed my next booster until November. Although I have probably built up some immunity naturally I still intend to have my boosters for Covid/ flu as I do not want to risk being so ill again or perhaps even worse. Each of us is different and need to make a decision according to their individual situation. Best wishes whatever you decide.

dosh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had a slight cold in December 2020 (slightly raised temp., sniffles etc..)
I phoned my doctor to ask if I needed antibiotics or maybe even the covid vaccine. He advised me not to take antibiotics or the covid vaccine & just let my natural immune system fight the virus (like it has been doing for millennia).

• Winner
Reactions: bulkbiker

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Interestingly, if “it’s” (anything.) going about. I get it. Even with a jab. But it lessens the effect & time of recovery drastically for me..
So I will continue to be vaxinated. Any virus was hell for me prior to the routine vax.

I’ve had 2 covid jabs & a booster? Invited for another which I’ll take.

Oddly, despite following all the measures on covid. I still got “man flu.” Or a cold? (At some point?) over it in 48 hours.)

Never, tested positive for C19 or any variant on the virus..

In addition. If followed the “white rabbit” regarding the “conspiracy theories.”

No derailment on this topic please.

Reactions: Pipp

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry, can you elaborate here?
Of course. I’ve seen both sides of the debate & followed some “interesting” information on what can be an emotive subject matter regarding opinions..

It’s individual choice at the end of the day.

Whatever one’s choice stay civil regarding the input on the topic..

IkariWarrior

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had mine along with my flu jab so did the Mrs she has also had Covid twice but as she works in a old people's home it's a good idea we have any jab they offer as 1 the strain just like the flu changes and we would rather have a little pain in our arm and headache for a couple of days than pass it on to elderly relatives or neighbours to be honest but just like others say its totally your choice and no one should tell you otherwis
Same as any cold (or flu) really. I would never have gone around to "kill granny" (lol, remember that propaganda?) if I had cold symptoms at any time pre 2020 regardless - in fact I would have been at home chilling and skiving off and ignoring the phone, haha.

RobertJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Same as any cold (or flu) really. I would never have gone around to "kill granny" (lol, remember that propaganda?) if I had cold symptoms at any time pre 2020 regardless - in fact I would have been at home chilling and skiving off and ignoring the phone, haha.

Yes, I too was wary of visiting my granny if I had a cold of some kind pre-2020. The vaccine does not prevent infection or transmission however many doses you have anyway, so the idea that you can protect others by being vaccinated does not make sense.

IkariWarrior

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, I too was wary of visiting my granny if I had a cold of some kind pre-2020. The vaccine does not prevent infection or transmission however many doses you have anyway, so the idea that you can protect others by being vaccinated does not make sense.

Well, yes. That is another rabbit hole altogether. o_O

The nonsensical propaganda was so off the scale on this one that one would have to have been completely brain dead not to get at least a little bit suspicious. As very little of it made logical sense, which soon led me to believe that "something else" was (and is) going on.