Boozing

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Ice cold vodka from the freezer, no need for mixers for mine.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I was told by the gp that if I'm going to have a drink, vodka or whiskey are preferable... Would that include Jack Daniels would anyone know?

Not sure about Jack Daniels, but with any alcoholic drink you have to be aware what it can do to bg levels, some such as beers, ciders and lager can raise bg levels but send them crashing down many hours later, as can any alcohol for the following 24 hours from drinking, if your unsure what to do when enjoying a few drinks then do have a chat with your DSN or Endo, they will advise on what you should do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
Ice cold vodka from the freezer, no need for mixers for mine.
Douglas, I am totally with you, was introduced to not quite frozen vodka by some Russian friends of mine some 25 years ago, delightful. But try to get it over here, no chance, unless at home.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Douglas, I am totally with you, was introduced to not quite frozen vodka by some Russian friends of mine some 25 years ago, delightful. But try to get it over here, no chance, unless at home.

In Vaasa, on a business trip to Finland for my introduction, to a 80%+ brand of local vodka. Fortunately, at the hotel we were staying in!

andy1971

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
peas and doctors... well you asked!
U'luvka vodka has to be a fav of mine. It's polish and it's said the drink of its heads of state due to being filtered so many times it leave no ill effects the following day. Now not being satisfied with what I may have read, I had to put it to the test :D
Ice cold, neat... It's actually really smooth and no hangover!

Reactions: 3 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
An excellent choice, and no problems on the BS!