1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Both big toes slightly numb, should I be worried??

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Aminato, Jul 12, 2019.

?

Should I be worried??

Poll closed Jul 19, 2019.
  1. No

100.0%
  2. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Aminato

Aminato · Newbie

Hi,

I’ve noticed that both of my big toes are slightly numb and I’m wondering if this is something I should be worried about? Is it a sign of diabetic neuropathy or do you guys thinks it’s because I walk almost 8 hours a day? My doctor is away on vacation so I can’t contact him for five weeks :(

This has made me really nervous and worried

2. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

Hello and welcome. Could you say if you have Diabetes and if so what type, please. A run down of your Diabetes meds would help too. Do you test your blood glucose levels at home, are they running high?

3. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

I bought new footwear a couple of months ago and started to have slightly numb areas under my foot - was a bit concerned, but it turns out it is the foam or whatever under the covering which has collapsed so there are ridges across the sole, under my foot and pressing on soft places. I wore some jell innersoles yesterday and today the feeling is much more normal - so do check for that sort of problem first.
    If you do not have such things already and you are walking on hard surfaces, the innersoles do make a big difference to foot comfort anyway.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

You have to get it checked by a doctor to know? If it just started and you are worried maybe you have a walk in clinic care you can go to? It can be from your back. Nerves get pinched in your back and you can feel it in your feet/toes , they can either hurt or go numb. Sometimes it can be solved in simple ways as different shoes, not sitting on a wallet etc.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook