Bowel cancer and high insulin

lindisfel

Expert
I was listening to a program from France on the BBC World Service a few days ago where a scientist was interviewed who said he had found a link up with high insulin levels in the body and a high incidence of bowel cancer.
It was interesting because there has been quite a lot of discussion recently on high blood glucose and hence high insulin causing certain cancers to progress.
It not surprising since hormones can drive cancers.
Some one may not be diabetic, as yet, but they they could have the precursor condition of excessively high insulin. Thankfully I learnt about low carb diets from you guys!

regards Derek

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I found this to be a helpful and rather balanced perspective.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Have a look at youtubes for talk by professor robert thomas regarding insulin resistance, all cancers, etc.

Insulin resistance is being linked to so many disease and illnesses.

He is a leading Oncologist in UK but thinks outside NHS guidelines and tries to help patients with different choices in lifestyle.

He doesnt just believe in food choices being hugely important but also stress and carcigens from environment etc.

Same as Aseem Malholtra cardiologist and instigator of the Pioppi lifestyle diet.. he has studied the life style of people whose lifestyle is getting their village to a life expectancy of 90.

Prof Thomas says that even bad genes although cant actually be changed for cancer, the way tgey act can be modified through different life choices.

Reactions: kokhongw