Brain hemorrhage and insulin

e.alien

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi I am a 48year old type 2 diabetic on 2 types of insulin and tablet control I had a brain hemorrhage back in April this year which has left me blind in the right eye but also suffering severe memory problems and forget to eat drink take medication along with a whole lot of other things but this has left me with a hba1c of over 80 I have tried setting reminders and alarms but nothing works as I still forget why I have set the alarm .
I have also enquirer about a cgm and insulin pump which would sort half the problem but been flatly refused because I am a type 2 diabetic not a type 1 .
If I was type 1 so I have been told it wouldn't be such a problem but I feel because I am type 2 I am discriminated against . Also they can't tell me if the blindness is down to the hemorrhage or diabetic retinopathy .
Does anyone have any ideas .

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
3DF0B5F5-E9EC-4F73-9A65-B7DA4CDA7AD4.png
I don’t know what type of phone you have but on my iPhone I can set multiple repeat alarms with a space to write what the alarm is for. This might be an idea to try?

Seacrow

Type of diabetes
LADA
You should not have been refused an insulin pump purely on the grounds that you are type 2 (I wasn't). However, I can easily see a doctor refusing you a pump on the grounds you wouldn't be able to use it safely. Can you remember at the end of a meal if you have already injected, or if you need to now?

The cgm I am surprised at though. With an hba1c that high, I would think anything that might reduce it would be welcomed by the doctors.

Is it possible they are interpreting forgetting to take medication as refusing to take medication? That way they can refuse further treatment options until you have fully 'explored' the treatment offered at present.

The way forward? I would try keeping records. Write everything down when you do it. If you can get that to be a habit, then the doctors will see you are doing your best, they will have some data to work with, and if the records are mostly complete, they see that you could cope with a pump and it would help. That's all I can think of.