Breakfast on the go (no Oats!)

topcattc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
50g of blueberries or blackberries is 5g CHO plus 200g of the Alpro Soya plain yogurt, which is 4.2g CHO, sprinkle with cinnamon and Chia seed if you want some added fibre and you've got a very quick, tasty, healthy, filling breakfast, with no gluten or dairy (that are both best avoided by all IMHO), that won't spike your BG. If you're bolusing 1u to 10g CHO then you only need 1u for this brekky, works for me! Although I really like the flavoured Alpro Soya yogurts, especially the vanilla, I now avoid them as there's added sugar and I aim to obey the "law of small numbers" to keep control tight and avoid post postprandial BG swings. I think its 10g CHO per 100g for the flavoured variety versus only 2.1g for the plain stuff, hope this helps. I can testify that this approach, i.e. the "small numbers" thingame, helped me dramatically reduce my HbA1c from circa 7.6% down to 6.3% that along with use of a freestyle libre flash BG monitor; which I can best describe as a cure for BG monitoring blindness!

Reactions: 2 people

Alice_Uxaty

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi; have you tried some millet groats, for example? You can mix it with some veggies. Also, you can for example make pancakes with ground rice. Surely you will find many gluten-free pancakes in online recipes.

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi; have you tried some millet groats, for example? You can mix it with some veggies. Also, you can for example make pancakes with ground rice. Surely you will find many gluten-free pancakes in online recipes.

Yes I cant stand them!

I think im good now, found a very good granola recipe which is 4g per serving plus alpro at about 4g too :)

LaurenMoffitt

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hard boiled eggs. I like the apple pancake recipe on here without the apple part. Nice hot or cold with a squeeze of lime juice.