Breakfast

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You cannot get away from the problem that a low-carb diet will not provide enough fibre and loo-time will become an issue.

Will it?

I must say, that has been the least of my worries :wideyed:

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I make a six egg frittata with added low carb goodies I have to hand, bacon or ham, mushrooms, spring onion, a few chopped cherry toms, spinach good handful grated cheese or feta - cut it into 3 lasts me 3 days for brekkie and great hot in microwave or even good cold on the go :)
One sitting for me.

Shezzyk7

Overnight oats + protein shake. Best thing I ever did for breakfast. Make them the night before and you can meal prep for 4/5 days in a row.

- Plain porridge oats mixed with milk, topped with Greek yoghurt (I prefer flavoured) and stir
- Add choice of fruit
- Leave overnight

And you’re done!

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Overnight oats + protein shake. Best thing I ever did for breakfast. Make them the night before and you can meal prep for 4/5 days in a row.

- Plain porridge oats mixed with milk, topped with Greek yoghurt (I prefer flavoured) and stir
- Add choice of fruit
- Leave overnight

And you’re done!
Oats have way too many carbs and spike too high as does flavoured yoghurt for me. Have you checked the response you have to it?

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You cannot get away from the problem that a low-carb diet will not provide enough fibre and loo-time will become an issue.
Low carb hasn’t had any such effect on me. I dont even eat a lot of flaxseed or chia either. I think some people are just more susceptible than others.

Shezzyk7

Oats have way too many carbs and spike too high as does flavoured yoghurt for me. Have you checked the response you have to it?

I’m type 1 so I adjust my dose accordingly. But I don’t have bad spikes at all. Also, they’re complex carbs so they break down slowly and provide a good source of fibre.

Flavoured yoghurt meaning greek yogurt with coconut or honey. They don’t have a lot of sugar.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah that does indeed make a difference. Could you update your profile to show type 1. It makes any replies to you much more relevant and puts your own comments into context.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m type 1 so I adjust my dose accordingly. But I don’t have bad spikes at all. Also, they’re complex carbs so they break down slowly and provide a good source of fibre.

Flavoured yoghurt meaning greek yogurt with coconut or honey. They don’t have a lot of sugar.
My body obviously didn't get the memo about not going high when eating oats and sugar - complex carbs - probably seen as a challenge to just how fast they can be simplified.
We are all different, and need to check on foods, particularly those which are high carb.