Breakfast

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today. Scrambled egg made with heavy cream and fried bacon lardons and a slice of ultra super low carb toasted livlife bread with butter. Cup of tea.

Last edited:
M

Member496333

Six gooey hard boiled eggs at lunchtime was my breakfast. With more coffee :hungry:

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Six gooey hard boiled eggs at lunchtime was my breakfast. With more coffee :hungry:
Jim, please stop you are making me hungry :hungry:

But another vote for coffee here too, I don't actually eat breakfast anymore so a liquid breakfast is on the cards.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
An Irish GF yogurt, 7.1 carbs, with 1 unit of Insulin.

D

Deleted Account

Herbal tea, one clementine and then a packet of crisps to counteract an early morning overshooting correction before the gym.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Does having a cup of coffee or a cigarette count as breaking your fast?
Not sure. So the first thing I ate (2pm) was a cracker (4 grams of carbs) with butter, cheese and a soft boiled egg with black pepper. Very messy, as the cracker is rather small for a big egg, but very yummy too!

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I don't have a usual breakfast - it usually depends on what my current low carb dietary experiment is - at the moment I normally don't eat until lunch time.

But on Sundays I always have a BIG breakfast with my husband as his working week starts at noon on Sunday until 11pm. He needs a good breakfast before starting work as he often forgets / doesn't have time to eat while at work. Sunday breakfast is eggs, bacon, low carb sausages, mushrooms fried in butter and baked beans. Occasionally we change it up with black pudding, grilled tomatoes or Halloumi.

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Housework - hate housework with a passion - and rude people.
Egg, bacon ang grilled tomato. Low carb and delicious! :happy:

Last edited:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Half a can of cherry tomatoes on slice of w/m toast, engevita flakes sprinkled on top. 2 mugs of black coffee, no sweetener.

Followed by 75g blueberries and 150g vegan coconut yoghurt.

Not low carb, not high carb - was 27g

Last edited:

pete254

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What have you all had for breakfast? Something carby or low carby....
Same every day for me - old fashioned porage oats, handful of assorted berries, splash of milk and then sprinkle cinnamon on top.
32g carbs and keeps me full for up to six hours. Never get tired of it!

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit of leftover keto pizza and lots of black coffee

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
20g ground flaxseeds, 10g inulin, 3g Maqui berry powder all mixed with 50g homemade kefir and topped with 30g of Aldi Greek Yoghurt and 15g of flaked almonds. Delicious.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
20g ground flaxseeds, 10g inulin, 3g Maqui berry powder all mixed with 50g homemade kefir and topped with 30g of Aldi Greek Yoghurt and 15g of flaked almonds. Delicious.
What would you have if you were not at home?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am gobsmacked at the huge breakfasts some of you eat.

I love my bacon and egg plus half a slice of toasted Burgen, sausage, tomato, mushrooms and a spoonful of baked beans, but never ever for breakfast. I save that delight for lunch time a couple of times a week, and even for evening meal sometimes, with 6 chips.

VioletViolet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
2 egg cheese omelette, black tea, black coffee. I find that if if I have virtually no carbohydrate at breakfast then my eating stays under control all day.
Carb at breakfast = insulin response = carb craving sometime during the day.
I believe anything you say because of the white lab coat - you could tell me anything;)