Breakfast

VioletViolet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A decaf latte made with full fat Graham's Gold milk and extra thick Jersey cream. Still hungry later so had 2 slices of Livlife bread and butter.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am gobsmacked at the huge breakfasts some of you eat.

I love my bacon and egg plus half a slice of toasted Burgen, sausage, tomato, mushrooms and a spoonful of baked beans, but never ever for breakfast. I save that delight for lunch time a couple of times a week, and even for evening meal sometimes, with 6 chips.
I can't believe how little you eat! I could easily eat that 3 times a day. I don't, because I like variety and lots of vegetables.
(my BMI is 23).

Reactions: lovinglife

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
When working FF Greek yoghurt with berries and ground flaxseed and at weekends poached or scrambled eggs on toast or a 2 egg mushroom omelette.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hangover breakfast?
Ha ha No though it's reminiscent of one :) - it was a bit left over from my dinner Saturday and was easy to grab, love cold pizza - I normally have a bit of 6 egg frittata that lasts me 3 days but none left . Have another piece left for lunch if I fancy it:)

mazza 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast for me is full fat greek yoghurt with double cream and a few frozen raspberries. Delicious.

D

Deleted member 308541

What have you all had for breakfast? Something carby or low carby....
Three egg cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon, tomato, reheated cooked spudlite.

Three mugs of black coffee with out sugar /sweeteners.

Dunno how many carbs, but not enough for me to worry about.

Reactions: Chook and Listlad

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Housework - hate housework with a passion - and rude people.
Chia porridge with blueberries this morning :cat:

M

Member496333

Coffee :cool:

Breakfast comes much later and will be peppered mackerel fillets with a jar of pitted queen olives :woot:

Reactions: LindsayJane

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
This morning I had a slice of toast (Kingsmill Wholemeal No Crusts bread) with about 10 grams of cheddar cheese on it and a tassimo latte

Reactions: Dr Snoddy

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
New recipe this morning: Marsala eggs. Fried onions, added garlic and chopped green chilli, then chopped tomatoes and fenugreek. Then added beaten eggs. Was delicious!

Reactions: Antje77

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@Dr Snoddy that sounds really nice but to be honest I would personally try to avoid alcohol in the morning.

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning I had 30g of keto Hana coconut and almond granola with a bit of double cream and a coffee with double cream

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
!/2 slice toasted cheese and black tea.

anna24gleeson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Shopping in Crowded Supermarkets, War Films, Cheap Perfume, Feta Cheese, Any kind of beer
I don't have a usual breakfast - it usually depends on what my current low carb dietary experiment is - at the moment I normally don't eat until lunch time.

But on Sundays I always have a BIG breakfast with my husband as his working week starts at noon on Sunday until 11pm. He needs a good breakfast before starting work as he often forgets / doesn't have time to eat while at work. Sunday breakfast is eggs, bacon, low carb sausages, mushrooms fried in butter and baked beans. Occasionally we change it up with black pudding, grilled tomatoes or Halloumi.

That sounds like the nicest breakfast ever What kind of baked beans do you get?

Reactions: dogslife
D

Deleted member 308541

Same as yesterday, I just rinse and repeat.

Three egg cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon, tomato, reheated cooked spudlite.

Three mugs of black coffee with out sugar /sweeteners.