breakfast

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
LCW said:
Just found a new way to make breakfast interesting. I had run out of bacon so drizzled virgin olive oil over two Portobello mushrooms and large tomato then popped in moderarely hot oven for ten minutes. When they were almost ready I cracked an egg in the centre of one mushroom, and as it began to set, placed the other on top to coddle it. Add a slice of toast and you have a low carb designer egg cup!
A Florentine breakfast..Nice:)

vicky_l

g0mrl thats how I use to be before diabetic attitude towards breakfast I use to be 5ft 3 and 12 st 5 lbs and now 26st 12 lbs took me a long time to do breakfast but even if an hour after waking its better than none and the reason you are so hungry is you probably arent eating enough in reality you could be making things a whole heap worse Please try a month with small breakfast and see if it makes a difference Others might have over views but would hate to see you walk the path I did with my weight :(

LCW sounds delicious

oh MCMLXXIII is thats what it is call or is that the name you have given it ?? good name tho

still sounds YUMMY :lol:

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
MCMLXXIII said:
[quote="Sketcher] Weekend treat is smoked salmon & scrambled eggs. Diabetes has made breakfast time much more yummy!
[/quote]

If you have the time to source foods, experiment and test, meals can be very good. Always best to prepare everything yourself if you don't trust the labelling. But, time is the key and unfortunately, not everyone has time. Smoked haddock is good too. I like kippers but they can be fiddly to eat. Boiled eggs cut in half with an anchovy on each piece, yum.

Still miss toast and marmelade though :-(

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Florentine, lent from an Italian pizza, where a fresh egg is cracked and baked in the middle ;-)

g0mrl

Vicky - thanks for your post. My weight has been very stable for several years, but I would love to weigh a stone or so less. I have struggled with this for years, but weight loss has been negligable. I just can't work out why breakfast is so sacrosanct. Varying my breakfast is about the only opportunity to take some sort of action; in particular I can do something positive about an unusually high blood sugar reading as and when it occurs (I normally only do blood sugar readings before breakfast). I might mention that I almost never have a full breakfast - the norm is a piece of toast or a bowl of low or sugar-free cereal. Perhaps 25% of the time I cut it out completely beause I'm not happy with my morning blood sugar.

I seem to be going over the same ground again. I'll shut up!

Lone Ranger

Hi thanks for the tips ,

I am using small packet of plain quaker oats as follows
Semi skimmed milk in saucepan stir with wooden spoon
As milk heats stir in a tablespoon of onken plain yoghurt
A teaspoon or less Splenda sweetener
As milk comes to boil, put oats into milk
Stir for 2 mins

This seems to produce a creamier porridge

Wipe inside cooled saucepan with kitchen roll

Leave saucepan to be washed later

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Paul_c

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
triple egg omelette with grated cheese and/or sliced cherry tomato and/or sauteed mushroom filling...

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Paul_c said:
triple egg omelette with grated cheese and/or sliced cherry tomato and/or sauteed mushroom filling...
Nice, but if you watch Deep blue sea LL Cool J states that a three egg omelette being better than a two is a "mistake":lol:

@myroomsadisco

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I rarely eat breakfast. If I did it wouldn't be any form of cereal[ too much carb!] let alone porridge, which I loathe.
An egg scrambled in the microwave is as quick and much better for blood glucose.
Hana

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep. That's the one. Incidentally check out the new lone ranger trailer on digital spy.