Breakfast

Stimpy79

Hello...I wonder if you could help. I am a long term type 1 diabetic and always struggle with breakfast!
Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day so I want to eat something I like- bran flakes, shreddies and porridge don't really cut it for me :( .. Egg on toast or omelette would be amazing but as a fulltime working mum, there is nowhere near the time in our house for that in the morning!! I love granola type cereals but they make me peak massively. Any suggestions out there??

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hi I also find I an alot more insulin resistant in the morning. The only fix without limiting carbs is to inject extra, how much extra will depend on your levels/ratios etc. problem is, 2 hours later my levels could be 6~7, which is great. But, there is 2 hours left of qa insulin left when I'm not so insulin resistant as I've ben up and about for 2 hours so means having a mid morning snack of 10~20 carbs to stay steady before lunch. Not ideal of wanting to lose weight, but not a problem for me. This allows me to have pretty much what I like at breakfast so happy days :)

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Stimpy
on the days I have my grandson to breakfast, we have boiled eggs together. He has his toast in soldiers to dip and I have a half slice of Burgen soy and linseed. It doesn't take long to organise.
Hana