Brilliant wrap replacement!

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been tinkering with your recipe again, @SamJB !

I used 1.5 tbs of coconut flour, 0.5 tbs of ground almonds, 3 large eggs, 1 tsp milled chia seeds, 1 tbs coconut oil, 118ml water and a hefty shake each of crushed chillies and ground cumin.

I also cooked them a while before eating and let them get cold before using. Forgive me, I haven't done a carb count but they were really good. The almonds gave them a bit more body.

This time I filled them with thick cut field mushrooms and red onions, cooked with loads more spices. I also made guacamole with the frozen avocados from Tesco. Oh, yes - new best friend has been found!

:hungry:

Reactions: 4 people

teacher123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds super @Pink_Minx, I will have to give this a go at some point this week. Thanks for posting an alternative :)

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been tinkering with your recipe again, @SamJB !

I used 1.5 tbs of coconut flour, 0.5 tbs of ground almonds, 3 large eggs, 1 tsp milled chia seeds, 1 tbs coconut oil, 118ml water and a hefty shake each of crushed chillies and ground cumin.

I also cooked them a while before eating and let them get cold before using. Forgive me, I haven't done a carb count but they were really good. The almonds gave them a bit more body.

This time I filled them with thick cut field mushrooms and red onions, cooked with loads more spices. I also made guacamole with the frozen avocados from Tesco. Oh, yes - new best friend has been found!

:hungry:
Sounds awesome! I'm having Indian prawns in chipatis this week, might give your recipe a go. Do you reckon it's an improvement on the original?

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That sounds yummy as well - might have to give that a go!

Yes, I do think it's better because they are more sturdy and don't collapse in your hand on the way to your mouth (no names mentioned..!). :)

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know it looks like I'm stalking you, @SamJB, but I made them again tonight! This time as chapatis with hot Punjabi king prawns. I used my version, but with fenugreek and I made them smaller. Yep, another winner! This recipe doesn't fail! I owe you hugely!

Reactions: 2 people

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I know it looks like I'm stalking you, @SamJB, but I made them again tonight! This time as chapatis with hot Punjabi king prawns. I used my version, but with fenugreek and I made them smaller. Yep, another winner! This recipe doesn't fail! I owe you hugely!
Hahaha! Glad you like them, I'm having them with prawns this week too!