Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
My Tesco hudl app does not seem to reveal the new upgrade as I thought it would be. Have I just got hang on and just carry on through the chrome app. ( I think I did uninstall the old one as per instructions) ,
Thanks Roy.:)
Hey Roy, thanks for letting me know. What problems are you having with the app?

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey Roy, thanks for letting me know. What problems are you having with the app?
When I download the new app. It seem to be a bit like the old one yet different, but the chrome on the hudl comes as the new upgrade which is good.
The app I am downloading is Diabetes Forum.daibetes digital media ltd free : then before install it shows 22dec 2013 5000+downloads. (if this helps)
Maybe it is the way it should be. At present the top screen shows timeline in red background ,and normal colours reveals recent threads, the 4rth message down is my question to you, then when I press it I get your request.
Do you understand what I mean it works but different. My son says the Hudl play store may think their way is more helpful.

N

NicolaB70

Hi. Do you have any idea when there will be an update for new site on the kindle fire. I have deleted app and reinstalled it but same message appears saying under maintenance. The only way I've found to get into the forum is to go through the web browser using the diabetes website. Thank you

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Despite the fact that I am watching a few threads the machinery sometimes tells me that I am not watching any which might expalin why it sometimes does not send me an email showing a new post and sometimes it does.

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Hi, I access the forum on my android tablet, not with the app. I dont seem to be able to like other peoples posts. Also I tried to copy and paste a oic like I used to but couldnt do it, any tips?

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you tap on the post you want to like, does a menu come up? (I'm IOS, but it ought to be similar)

Edit: Scrub that - just re-read that you're not using the app

Last edited by a moderator:

lukkymik

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The opposites of above!!!!
Hi Giverny
The old Forum app is still around and my phone insists on trying to go through it. I have to login everytime from scratch!!! Also there is a 1-22 second delay on everycharachter I type on the new site!!! Any suggestions??

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Hi Giverny
The old Forum app is still around and my phone insists on trying to go through it. I have to login everytime from scratch!!! Also there is a 1-22 second delay on everycharachter I type on the new site!!! Any suggestions??
You can always uninstall the app if you don't want to use it. As for the typing delay - I've had this report from a few people but have not been able to reproduce this myself.

I do recommend using the forum app for a trouble-free mobile forum experience.

lukkymik

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The opposites of above!!!!
You can always uninstall the app if you don't want to use it. As for the typing delay - I've had this report from a few people but have not been able to reproduce this myself.

I do recommend using the forum app for a trouble-free mobile forum experience.
Thanks but it states the site is under repair and I wont be able to post as it wull be lost!! I have bookmarked thid site so will see what happens. BTW the delay is still as bad as ever???

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Thanks but it states the site is under repair and I wont be able to post as it wull be lost!! I have bookmarked thid site so will see what happens. BTW the delay is still as bad as ever???
Ah it sounds to me like you need to do a full uninstall. What kind of phone are you using?

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Another thing I've noticed is that I need to click the back button twice to get out of a thread. This is a bit inconvenient. I'm using Chrome. To replicate:

1. Go to Diabetes Discussions
2. Press the link of a thread
3. Wait until thread has loaded
4. Press the back button. You will not be taken back to Diabetes Discussions.
5. Press the back button again. You are now taken back to Diabetes Discussions.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Another thing I've noticed is that I need to click the back button twice to get out of a thread. This is a bit inconvenient. I'm using Chrome. To replicate:

1. Go to Diabetes Discussions
2. Press the link of a thread
3. Wait until thread has loaded
4. Press the back button. You will not be taken back to Diabetes Discussions.
5. Press the back button again. You are now taken back to Diabetes Discussions.
Is this happening in the app or on the mobile or desktop site?

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A poster asked an anonymous question in

"GP Misdiagnosed Diabetes"

It could be a little bit more anonymous since it gave the posters stats under the avatar window and if you go to their profile it tells you when they joined.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
A poster asked an anonymous question in

"GP Misdiagnosed Diabetes"

It could be a little bit more anonymous since it gave the posters stats under the avatar window and if you go to their profile it tells you when they joined.
Essentially, the anonymous question account is the one I use to post questions that have been sent in by other users. It protects the identity of the person who submitted the question.