Bug/Glitch Reports

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Has the site gone slow again it is taking ages for some posts to load I have given up on some
CAROL

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Has the site gone slow again it is taking ages for some posts to load I have given up on some
CAROL

Although it shouldn't be an excuse there's a lot of people using and viewing the forum, just seen there was 700:wideyed:

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry about the double post but it never seemed to load up so gave up and it was still waiting when I switched off and went shopping so I must have pressed send twice but it still didnt say it was posted I hope we are not going to have problems again because I really cant get used to the new format and I could forgive it if I could get it faster
CAROL

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is there a way to send PMs now cause I cant find it
CAROL

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is there a way to send PMs now cause I cant find it
CAROL

Click on the little envelope icon in the red bar at the top of the page. They are now called 'conversations' instead of PMs :confused:

2131tom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My problem is that I am having to type at a snails pace and that will discourage me to post. I do not have this trouble on any other forums that I am on - it is made worse by the fact that I am a typist and fast. If this continues there will be no point in me being on this forum.

I've been finding that there is often what seems to be an inbuilt pause on typing, The letters or spaces then appear on the page moments after they're typed and some letters get lost, (e.g. 'letters' just now ended up as:'etters') and I then have to spend time going back over it all again. I've not had a problem on any other site recently (it used to bother me when I used Citrix at work some years ago)

As a further illustration, that last sentence came out as: I'vent had aproblem onny other site recently(it used to bother me hen I ud Citrix at wok some yearsago)

Last edited by a moderator:

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I dont like the conversaton it was so much easier to click on the PM button I am really finding some of these new things very annoying I am not very computer literate and for people like me it is certainly not user friendly
CAROL

Shzz46

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who try to tell me what to do
The app I was using does not work now I have to go through the internet anyone any ideas how to get it working

birchy66

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've just posted a thread and it hasn't appeared in New Posts but is in Recent Posts?

Kalobe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The highs and lows
Hi all, thanks for your patience whilst we got the new forum up and running.

Please use this thread to post any bugs or glitches you may find and we'll address them ASAP.

Cheers!:D
I can't post at all using the app on my iPad there are no reply or upload buttons!

N

NicolaB70

If you touch the post, it should be highlighted blue, a little box above should open with the 'like' there. I found it a couple of days ago

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

lizbet9

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I cannot access the forum on my ipad or iphone \it says the site is down for maintenance I have tried uninstalling the app and installing again but still does not work Has not worked since before christmas I am running IOS 7.4

Cheers
Mines the same

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but some of the column headings in each forum contents table seem to be incorrect.

To reproduce:
1. Go to the Diabetes Discussions forum.
2. The Start Date column doesn't contain the Start Date, it contains various icons. The Replies column contains the text "Replies Views". The Views column contains the number of replies and views.

The browser I am using is Chrome.
Thanks for this, I'll look in to it today.

CAROL
Occasionally, we have to restart the site because of the high volume of traffic. This can take up to 10 minutes to fully restart and be running as normal.

I've been finding that there is often what seems to be an inbuilt pause on typing, The letters or spaces then appear on the page moments after they're typed and some letters get lost, (e.g. 'letters' just now ended up as:'etters') and I then have to spend time going back over it all again. I've not had a problem on any other site recently (it used to bother me when I used Citrix at work some years ago)

As a further illustration, that last sentence came out as: I'vent had aproblem onny other site recently(it used to bother me hen I ud Citrix at wok some yearsago)
I'm having trouble reproducing this. I'm also a fast typist and am not having any such trouble. What browser are you using?

Ian DP

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Chips
Any chance of having the LADA forum on the drop down menu on the app, like on the main web site.
Many thanks, Ian.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Any chance of having the LADA forum on the drop down menu on the app, like on the main web site.
Many thanks, Ian.

Done! If it doesn't appear right away, then it will definitely show in the next update.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My Tesco hudl app does not seem to reveal the new upgrade as I thought it would be. Have I just got hang on and just carry on through the chrome app. ( I think I did uninstall the old one as per instructions) ,
Thanks Roy.:)