Bulletproof Marmite

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
We’ve all heard of and probably drunk a fair bit of bulletproof coffee, but have you tried bulletproof marmite? I sometimes want something savoury, and not full of caffeine - also I drink my coffee black, so I’m not a fan of putting butter in it.

1. Heaped teaspoon of marmite and a tbsp butter in a pint mug.

2. Fill about a quarter of the way with boiling water and blitz with a stick blender to emulsify the butter.

3. Then top it up with more water. Blitzing a full mug makes it go everywhere

Also works with an oxo cube!

7D39D4D6-FD5D-4CC1-8D14-8F430104CD2F.jpeg

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Love it or hate it. :yuck:

I found that a stock cube (for example Oxo Vegetable) in hot water with a lump of butter tasted surprisingly good.

No blitzing required.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Love it or hate it. :yuck:

I found that a stock cube (for example Oxo Vegetable) in hot water with a lump of butter tasted surprisingly good.

No blitzing required.
I’ve been doing it with veggie oxo cubes too, but wasn’t keen on the layer of oil, so tried blitzing it. Make the whole drink more smooth, I found. Love it!

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We’ve all heard of and probably drunk a fair bit of bulletproof coffee, but have you tried bulletproof marmite? I sometimes want something savoury, and not full of caffeine - also I drink my coffee black, so I’m not a fan of putting butter in it.

1. Heaped teaspoon of marmite and a tbsp butter in a pint mug.

2. Fill about a quarter of the way with boiling water and blitz with a stick blender to emulsify the butter.

3. Then top it up with more water. Blitzing a full mug makes it go everywhere

Also works with an oxo cube!

View attachment 25802
Sounds good, I love marmite so will give this a try. I have had a couple of bullet proof coffees this week, have to say although it sounds like the weirdest thing to drink I actually really quite enjoy it

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've not tried marmite and butter but I do sometimes add a dollop of coconut oil to my soup or stock cube.

Robbity

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Marmite and butter is awesome on toast. No reason why it wouldn’t be great in a mug too. :D

Reactions: Concordjan

Concordjan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not very good on computers!
I often drink Marmite on its own, but will definitely try with butter, sounds yummy.