Bye Folkes.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
whelk said:
. I don't see this forum as a fruitful place to discuss my own strategies.

Then don't share. There is nobody with bated breath waiting because we will never miss what we do not know about .. simple really.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
whelk said:
Sorry if I misunderstood.

Nobody "upset me." I just discovered what this forum is about.

The funny thing about my diabetes is that I just lived with it for years. It wasn't until I got the retinopathy and the mention of insulin that I thought a bit more and did something. I'm just glad I did something before I found this forum.

I know what works for me. It would probably work for some others too, but you can't impose one experience on everyone else.

You've "lived with it for years", Whelk? Yet your profile says you've only had it one year?

Viv 8)

Bob67

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
whelk said:
This forum is just a bunch of ill informed and half informed people who just want to shout at each other promoting theories they don't understand and giving advice with little foundation or evidence.

How about some more details on this, this sounds interesting.

This forum is at best irrelevant and at worst dangerous.

Dangerous? Can you explain this further?

If it is dangerous why are you here?

whelk

As someone with diabetes, a site with such a title sounds useful. Type 2 diabetes is one of the list of causes on the death certificates of my brother and father.

But a lot of the 'information' here is just mantra, browbeating and misinformation. Everyone seems to be an expert in palaeolithic/hunter gatherer diet, for example, and it is based on a naive and frequently racist beliefs.

I have seen nothing on a more systematic approach to type 2 diabetes here. Magic potions, low carbs but little personal responsibility.

Bob67

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
whelk said:
As someone with diabetes, a site with such a title sounds useful. Type 2 diabetes is one of the list of causes on the death certificates of my brother and father.

Sorry about your father and brother

But a lot of the 'information' here is just mantra, browbeating and misinformation. Everyone seems to be an expert in palaeolithic/hunter gatherer diet, for example, and it is based on a naive and frequently racist beliefs.

Never heard it put that way about the paleo diet, particularly the racist part. What info do you have on that

I have seen nothing on a more systematic approach to type 2 diabetes here. Magic potions, low carbs but little personal responsibility.

Sounds like you have an opportunity then to provide a systematic solution and turn this dangerous forum around.
Magic potions? :lol: like what?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
whelk said:

Whelk, I send condolences on the tragic loss of your relatives rergarding diabetes. Not everyone seems to be 'an expert' in palaeolithic/hunter gatherer diet. Where did you get that from, because it is grossly misleading and untrue. It is not fair to tar everyone with the same brush as it seems to be bordering on a tar and feather attack.

Start your own thread Whelk on the subject rather than this one and to others as well, please stop hijacking the OP's thread, it is disgraceful and disrepectful, but this will be ignored again, because people want their pound of flesh,no matter what. It's sickening :sick: also ,this is the only way I could voice a concern to,not just one, but a few.

RRB :(

angua

whelk said:

But a lot of the 'information' here is just mantra, browbeating and misinformation.

Information here is without any doubt anecdotal unless you are directed to an appropriate medical paper confirming outcomes .. whatever gave you the idea that it was otherwise ?

Everyone seems to be an expert in palaeolithic/hunter gatherer diet, for example, and it is based on a naive and frequently racist beliefs.

I am not an expert in any diet regime - could you point out someone who has declared themselves so ?
Racist ? serious allegation there I hope you have reported the supporting posts to moderation

I demand to be told who has the magic potion .... and why they are not sharing

Personal responsibility ? now that I do take and if you took the time to read the history of almost all posters here, you would find that almost without exception they too take responsibility for themselves, for their actions and for their lifestyles both past and current

I would highly recommend that you leave the forum whelk - I almost positive that none of us has any desire to share your negativity and you seem to have found us wanting on so very many levels

All words: my own
Responsibility for message: mine
Disclaimer: No animals were hurt during the composing of this reply

Bob67

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
whelk said:
Always the way with you fundamentalist 'religious' types. If the opinion doesn't match the doctrine then shun, or worse.

My views seem vindicated in almost every post.

Yeah, you're truly a fisher of men. :lol:

How about answering the questions? :wave:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
whelk said:
Always the way with you fundamentalist 'religious' types. If the opinion doesn't match the doctrine then shun, or worse.

My views seem vindicated in almost every post.

Whelk can I ask you a question? Have you read my post I that I made few minutes ago? have you? if not then please read it and if you have,then could you please read it again, Theres nothing cryptic or nasty or radical or illinformed in the post. It would just take seconds. Thats it. No more on this thread :sick:

RRB

Superchip

Dislikes
GP's, Diabetes Nurses.Crazy NHS guidelines on diet for Diabetics, they are seeing off millions.
Cheap Whisky !
Spot on RRB, It's shop/Lucy I feel sorry for, having her OP being hijacked .

No vindication from me

That Was Always True. ( work it out ! )

Superchip, last entry on this thread.......Bye

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi All.
Responded to the reported posts, cleaned thread up.
Whelk has been PM'd by myself.

Apologies to those who's posts got deleted in the fracas.

Hopefully now things will settle and be more positive...

Anna.