c-peptide test

aquablue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi!

If your surgery wouldn’t tell you your c-peptide test result as it was ”invalid due to your high blood sugar”, when you know your levels were OK, would you assume that the result must have been high? Surgery in question appears not to be familiar with the c-peptide test.

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd demand a printout of my results. They cn charge you, but tey can't refuse you.

Smidge

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Can't see the point in a print out of an invalid test though ? Surely better to repeat test ? Smidge is right though, they cannot refuse your results.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

aquablue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I let the "high BG" comment from the receptionist go as I was picking up a printout and thought I'd see what she was on about, but that turned out to have no c-peptide result listed.
I’m not dropping it, I’ll raise it next time I (have to) see a doctor/nurse, but I really don’t want to go back at the moment just to get fobbed off again. I was just hoping to read between the lines in the meantime.

Can I just offer a vote of thanks to everyone who posts on this forum, and others. You gave me the knowledge to tackle diabetes drug-free from the outset. There are a lot of us out here not posting, but reading.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I believe the reason the C Peptide test is a fasting test is because high BG can invalidate the result. Did they advise you to fast and come in first thing in the morning without having eaten?

aquablue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I believe the reason the C Peptide test is a fasting test is because high BG can invalidate the result. Did they advise you to fast and come in first thing in the morning without having eaten?
Errm! No. Two attempts, second at hospital, not fasted. That may explain it.