C-Peptide testing. Should I stop meds B4 test?

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I see from your sig that your dose has been halved. How have your blood sugars been since then?
Rather more variable although I have mostly been able to keep them between 4 and 7.8 ( 83% of the time according to when Ive used Libra) and when I do get highs ( up to 13/14) they are higher than the highest (10/11) that I was getting on the previous dose.
The highs have been pretty much all related to a) a period of high stress when my mums care package was falling apart and b) illness - Ive had a rotton chest infection for the past week or so.
The highs seem pretty unaffected by what / if I eat
My next review is in January so Ill be looking to see what my hba1c comes out as

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Rather more variable although I have mostly been able to keep them between 4 and 7.8 ( 83% of the time according to Libra) and when I do get highs ( up to 13/14) they are higher than the highest (10/11) that I was getting on the previous dose.
The highs have been pretty much all related to a) a period of high stress when my mums care package was falling apart and b) illness - Ive had a rotton chest infection for the past week or so.
The highs seem pretty unaffected by what / if I eat
My next review is in January so Ill be looking to see what my hba1c comes out as

I was just wondering how you might go on with an even more reduced dose. It's good in a way that the highs seem unrelated to what you eat. Not a lot anyone can do when stress and illness get in the way. Good luck for January.

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was just wondering how you might go on with an even more reduced dose. It's good in a way that the highs seem unrelated to what you eat. Not a lot anyone can do when stress and illness get in the way. Good luck for January.
Cheers
Im Already on v Minmum carbs and the minimum Gliclazide dose - no meds have been tried, but that leads to higher sugars - glic working so long at such a low dose is one reason mody has been questioned

Last edited:

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
I can only talk from a T1 perspective but I have to fast for 12 hours prior to the rest, but take any fast acting and hold off taking the slow release too.

Have they done blood tests for antibodies?
I'm getting HbA1c (usual 3 month test) plus GAD and C-Peptide in a couple of weeks time - three for the jab of one!

I have to thank ALL who have have taken the time to respond to my initial post, your comments have been very informative. Going by what I've gleaned I think I'll ditch the glic' three days before the test and eat nothing after dinner the day before. It won't do me any significant harm and should result in a more accurate assessment of my pancreatic function. Or lack of function !

Dave