1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Cabin crew

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Miss90, Mar 15, 2014.

1. C burns

C burns · Well-Known Member

My husband is f&f in Scottish fire service. There is a f&f on his watch who is type 1 but diagnosed after he joined.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

2. C burns

3. Alanp35

Alanp35 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

4. C burns

I'm not sure but if anything happend and u hadn't declared it then I imagine it could cause problems. To be honest though Ive never experienced it

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

5. jacksmum2

jacksmum2 · Newbie

I am currently flying to serve with a major UK airline with type 1 diabetes and I started in April this year. Apart from having a medical post offer before starting training there have been no issues with offering me a permanent position. I am pleased to say the assessing Dr was extremely knowledgeable and supportive. I have done DAFNE and made sure I understood how to keep levels relatively consistent with time zone changes etc which was basically what the medical was all about. I really hope you are successful at next try as it's the most amazing job and actually I think it helps keep my levels more stable with all the physical activity and walking!!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook