Calling all pumpers!

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When people say 'Pacific' instead of 'Specific' :-)
Hi guys n gals, I would like to conduct a quick survey on how you all wear your pumps - do you find clips work best or the belt loops on the cases? Girls, do you use the clips you can get for your bra or do you just slip them inside, so to speak?! What about thigh straps or arm bands? and finally, what about night time, do you keep it attached to your body somehow or stick it under the pillow?

Sorry, lots of questions, but we don't seem to have much in the way of info int he UK for pumps, all the info I have found seems to be in US websites and I can't buy any of the cases from them as they don't ship to the UK! so, I thought best ask those who know as maybe I am worrying unecessarily :?

kegstore

Dislikes
Unnecessary rudeness, and any PC
Deb

Day: always use clip, attached to outside of trouser pocket, excess tubing stuffed into pocket or trousers;

Night: always use clip, attached to boxers, t-shirt or velcro chest strap when too hot to wear boxers/t-shirt, excess tubing hangs loose - partner hasn't yet managed to entangle himself!

But I do also appreciate both situations might be sartorially more challenging for ladies!

Jo

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
thanks Jo :D I've just found a website called Pump Wear Inc in the US and they do actually ship to the UK so that may be a good one for some 'gear' - can I ask which clip you use? is it one specifically for your brand of pump? in my mind, I would like 1 or 2 simple clip style bags/cases/covers which I can clip to a belt or waistband of a skirt etc - but don't even get me started on what I will do when I wear a dress as I have no idea! :lol:

meela83

I too use the clip during the day, clipped to outside of pocket, if going out or don't want it to show I pop the pump in between boobs! It stays put and doesn't seem to give me square boobs. At night I leave it under my pillow (I prefer the longer tubing for this reason) haven't had any problems with this but did end of with the tubing around my neck in the throes of passion the other night lol. Husband nearly wet himself laughing :lol:

meela83

Oh I use the clip and leather case that came with the pump. I can't quite remember Debloubed but are you using a cosmo?

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Accu-chek combo, it comes with a variety of fabric cases but all need a belt! I have ordered a leather pouch which has a clip on it, looks a bit like a pager pouch from what I can tell?

I'm laughing at your story Meela, my boyfriend said that he was imagining pulling wires and tubes out during 'passion' and I haven't even got it yet! :lol: :wink:

meela83

Haha, yeah it can be interesting, hubby was lying on pump one night and I had to disconnect to be able to go to the loo! Wouldn't give my pump up for the world though, the leather case I got with the pump looks very like a pager case, it does the job although can make the pump seem bulkier. When do you get connected to yours?

kegstore

Dislikes
Unnecessary rudeness, and any PC
Deb

With the Paradigm I just use the standard clip that came with it. When I was on the Spirit there was quite a nice leather pouch (with a clip itself) which I would wear when out on the pull/razz/whatever, but actually I'm so not self-conscious about it now I just normally manage to tuck away the excess tubing and be done with it.

Meela

Boyf is under strict instructions to ensure my pump is disconnected before commencing nocturnal fumbling of any sort, men can normally be trained quite easily I've found!

Jugster

After using a pump for 16 years I find that using a clip on it is great. I always wear it on my waist band if I have one but with a dress I tend to just clip it on my bra with clip facing outwards. It is practically invisible by doing this.

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
meela83 said:
Haha, yeah it can be interesting, hubby was lying on pump one night and I had to disconnect to be able to go to the loo! Wouldn't give my pump up for the world though, the leather case I got with the pump looks very like a pager case, it does the job although can make the pump seem bulkier. When do you get connected to yours?

2 weeks to go til connection day! very excited :D :D 8)

meela83

Yeah! It is exciting Deb.
Kegstore after 8 years of marriage I have given up on the training and hey a little tubing just tends to increase the hilarity factor!
Meela xx

JANROU

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been advised to buy a phone sox and just tuck it into my bra either at front or at side, apparently it will stay without a clip. Horace and I become attached on thursday so will need to think about the bed aspect pretty soon. Good luck when you get connected

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
dvent said:
Mine just goes in the pocket! Sorted.

:lol: if only my clothes had pockets! seriously, I've been mentally scanning my wardrobe, distinct lack of clothes with belts or pockets (apart from Jeans, which I can't wear to work!) I wear far too many dresses me thinks 8)

JANROU

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Like you have a lack of pockets and don't wear a belt so Horace fits neatly into the front of my bra (no clip needed), doesn't give me square boobs either! Not sure what i'll do in the middle of summer with lower cut tops but have timee to think about it.

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
how weird, I was just thinking about that! I don't know that my pump would fit in the bra I have on today, it's a very flat, tshirt bra?! but then others I have have a thicker strap between the cups (if that makes sense!) and I think that my pump may sit in between very nicely :wink: Also, have a big swanky do coming up in April where posh frock will be worn, so no pockets or belts in sight! will prob have to clip it to my knickers at this rate :lol: :lol: :p

JANROU

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
How about a sexy garter belt!! Apparently you cah also place the pump just under the bra bit that goes round your body either under your arm or a bit round the back, that might work provided your top is fairly loose. Don't think i'd be very comfortable with horace under my arm at work.

tanj666

Dislikes
cheese
Hi,

Being new this is of keen interest to me.

I'll state I am Male, and not quite rotund enough to need a bra (yet) so thats not an option.

At first I wore my AccuChek combo in my shirt pocket, but as I don't like cutting holes the tube camoe out and through between the buttons, tub got caught too often.

Then I tried using the big white elastic band. This got a bit smelly and uncomfortable during the day. But it is what I use at night.

I recently discovered a new technique - a lanyard round my neck with a quick-release fitting. This hides it under my shirt but puts the pump in an awkward place. My poor wife can't hug me properly as it digs into both of us!

So now I'm trying the leathery-type belt clip. When I first tried it with 60cm tube I had problems when I had to use the 'smallest room'. I'm now trying an 80cm tube. It's a bit better. Just a bit.

If anyone can post a link to somewhere I can get a shoulder holster like a James Bond gun holster type of thing (or give a review explaining the problems and pitfalls :wink: )

Cheers

Anthony
aka tanj666

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hi Anthony, I'm getting my pump fitted tomorrow (gulp!) and all I do all day long is ponder about where it will sit, will it fit in my bra, what about when I wear my posh full length gown to an event in a few months and will have no waist band to clip it to, etc, etc - I need to get out more! :lol: I am planning on using the leather clip I have bought for day to day work use but am still struggling to decide what to do for exercise (I run and do aerobic style fitness) I have seen bra's on websites (mainly in America) with pockets at the back which I may invest in or I will try to clip it on to my ipod carrier perhaps?! Heavens, think of all the tubes and wires :wink:

jopar

Night times is the easy part of the question to answer... My pump is allowed to roam on it own free will :roll: I've never had a problem with it so far in 4 years, it can be anywhere from my husnabds side of the bed, to over the edge of the bed I just follow the tubing to locate it in the morning...

At other times, I wear it clipped to my waistband or tuck into my front pocket.. I don't wear skirts or dresses even though I am female, never tried tucking it into my bra, but there again I'm not blessed with size :oops: and don't fancy it tucked under the arm either..

I have tried using the case that you can tangle around your neck while working but found this to be irrating and impractical when I wanted to adjust or check the pump..

To clip to my belt I have verious cases, some are phone case and another is for a camera so that I have a choice to go with any cloths, but generally I stick to the clear plastic clip case that came with the pump, as it give quick viewing and bottom access.. And normal going I'm not bothered that others can see my pump, I only hide it for occasions such as weddings etc..

Any spare tubing I tend to either wrap around the clip case, or if using one of the others tuck it into the top of the case out the way..

A lot of people use baby socks, so that they can sew this into there cloths and create a pouch for the pump to sit in, if you look around you generally can find all sorts of cases and bags that can be adapted for your pump...