Calorie FREE ??

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterday whilst looking for salad dressing here in Bangkok a new product to me and I believe Thailand caught my eye Calorie Free Ranch Dressing it turned out to be Walden Farms and says Sugar Free - Fat Free - Carb Free -Gluten Free - Cholesterol Free now They only sold the Ranch and Italian Dressing but both I Bought. this morning I went to their Website
waldenfarms.com
and they have many zero Carb or very Low carb product. including Strawberry Jam ??? do they really mean no added sugar ? hence my post Has anyone on here used their products particularly Our American members is it really true if so I will encourage the supermarkets/Health food shops to get a larger range of their products.

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I have used some of their products and where they say zero sugar and zero carbs they are to the best of my knowledge what they say sugar free and zero carb etcetera. I liked the ranch dressing but found their tomato sauce rather thin and runny.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I tried their maple syrup. I loved it, but it turned out to be a migraine-trigger for me. But yeah... Good stuff. (If artificial sweeteners don't spike you).

Reactions: JohnEGreen

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
my worry how was something made with strawberries Sugar free the following source https://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-eating/the-nutrition-of-strawberries.html
Sugar Content of Strawberries

While strawberries may be low in calories, they are high in sugar. While foods that are high in sugar can have little impact on most people, those who suffer from diabetes or other similar conditions can have serious health consequences when they ingest high amounts of dietary sugars. High sugar intake can lead to blood sugar spikes and crashes, which can contribute to symptoms of lightheadedness, dizziness, nausea and fatigue. In severe cases, high blood sugar readings can even lead to coma and death.
some may say its fructose but it is still sugar also calories re low but that's not calorie free

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The strawberry syrup isn't calorie-free, it says low in calories on the package/bottle. But as it has "strawberry aroma", I'm fairly certain it's never been anywhere near an actual strawberry. Like their other flavors, it's (all or mostly) artificial.

LindiePops

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have tried a few of the Walden Farms products but found them all disgusting unfortunately for me :***: