Can the standard reactive hypoglycemia be controlled with diet?

yetta2mymom

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
?
Hi

It occurs to me that the "normal" people have the possibility of producing the hormones which create insulin resistance and my experience shows that you can have enough insulin resistance to prevent the standard low sugar problems but not enough to stop insulin completely so when you have a major insulin release (maybe the byproducts?) you can get symptoms of exhaustion. Could they have produced some hormones which leads to this problem?

lindisfel

Expert
Strikes me Yetta unless you have a lab and human guinea pigs with RH to test you will not get anywhere with your theories because what we say, as individuals, although relevant to us, would probably be seen as anecdotal by the science community !? regards Derek

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
The symptoms you describe are usually connected to most conditions which involve either excess amounts of glucose or insulin. And other hormones that are too high in your blood. There could be vitamin deficiency, or a deficiency in other aspects of your metabolism.
Until you have a full panel of blood tests or tests that show these things, you will always wonder and presume!
Epinephrine (another hormone) is always prevalent in explaining how RH is seen or in most explanations of diagnosis.
Is this the hormone you refer to!

yetta2mymom

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
?
Hi
You are absolutely right. I am by nature a theorist. I give logical theories they remain theories until someone proves them wrong. We live by theories. We have to have them to understand anything about the world. Our theories are sometimes wrong. Have you heard about optical (de) illusions etc.. I have a working theory it is better than the present non theories until it isn't.