Can't figure out my girlfriend - lies?

Insulin_John

I have depression which has crippled me emotionally over the years, affecting my behaviour but also my thought processes, and need an impartial opinion.

I met my current partner eight years ago. She had just been through a series of events whereby her then-boyfriend (affair, really), a result of an unhappy marriage, had basically kidnapped and subjected her to a series of terrible circumstances, threatening her, blackmailing her, stealing her property and car (selling them for profit) rape and various sexual crimes. These included making her go to 'parties' where she 'had' to sleep with his 'friends'.

She says that she used to be highly sexed and played around, but that this ex's treatment was totally different, and anyway now she is satisfied with me sexually. But I don't believe what she says. I have been tolerant and accepted her story. She kept altering her story about the parties and the number of times it happened, and also the sex she used to have with men before these events?

Why can someone's 'memories' change from the previous version/s when pressed for answers (all new relationships do, surely?)

The thing is, over the years she has genuinely suffered agoraphobia and [apparent] memory failure or PTSD, but as she has got better, has often showed off to her visiting friends and made lewd sexual remarks, as if nothing has happened?

She says that she did as this guy 'ordered' due to blackmail, for fear of him showing her husband- whom she says she didn't love or care for- snaps of them together which she was unaware of.
So she scr**s several men at 'parties' etc so that the 'hated' hubby doesn't get to see the snaps? How does that make sense if she was 'raped'?
She went there in NOT slutty clothes, unsmiling, and never verbally encouraged them, did she? Yeh, right, going by her sex life anyway at the time!

I feel that I don't trust her, and am being lied to about the sex (which I don't know if she actually enjoyed or willingly acted in?), the number of times it happened, etc, and if her past, though genuine enough as I met Police and went to court for the ex's conviction, is true?

Then, why would she tell me she had deliberately held info regarding this to the Police and Courts? She has, over time, contradicted herself regarding various other sex details on other occasions, but said that the CPS wouldn't believe this sexual part of the story and leave her even more humiliated?

It just doesn't add up. I have also suffered depression for decades, and family suicide. I really don't know what to think, I'm going back to wanting to be single and possibly thinking about just "going"...

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Trust is not a thing that comes does not in degress .. you either trust someone or you dont. You obviously do not trust her so I have to ask why are you still with this woman? I would have thought suffering with depression you would need a happy supportive atmosphere and not one where trust does not exist.

Insulin_John

I didn't understand your first sentence?

But I don't trust her, even after much soul-searching and with much empathy for her, whom I now know much better. Though she's a great mum and we get along as joint parents seperately.

I just needed an outside opinion as I can't see clearly myself from 'within'.

RussG

Insulin_john,

I think you and your girlfriend have issues that need better help than you will get on the pages of a website. I would recommend you talk to someone professionally about your feelings and perhaps consider the both of you having some relationship counselling. Whatever the answers are that you want (and I hope you get some) I'm afraid I don't think strangers on the internet will have them.

I hope you (both) find some help.