Type 2 can't get to speak to anyone!....

D

Deleted member 489048

I understand no one is a medical professional etc; but need someone else's perspective on this.

Thursday/Friday I had a rash appear on my lower leg above the ankle. The rash is nearly a complete ring around my lower leg and looks like is starting on the other leg.

I've tried calling doctors; I get two voice messages and then the line goes dead. I've tried 111 online and that reverts me to nhs website.

So here I am.

Anyone else suffered this? I'm type 2 diabetic and this is worrying me. I've tried googling it too and it brings up DVT. My leg is tender but not hard or hot to touch; as describes in dvt description.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I understand no one is a medical professional etc; but need someone else's perspective on this.

Thursday/Friday I had a rash appear on my lower leg above the ankle. The rash is nearly a complete ring around my lower leg and looks like is starting on the other leg.

I've tried calling doctors; I get two voice messages and then the line goes dead. I've tried 111 online and that reverts me to nhs website.

So here I am.

Anyone else suffered this? I'm type 2 diabetic and this is worrying me. I've tried googling it too and it brings up DVT. My leg is tender but not hard or hot to touch; as describes in dvt description.
We aren’t able to diagnose, but if it were me, I’d think about going and asking a pharmacist.

if really worried then call 111 rather than online, I think they can advise on walk in doctors or what best to do. Not sure how it’s all changed in the covid era unfortunately

D

Deleted member 489048

We aren’t able to diagnose, but if it were me, I’d think about going and asking a pharmacist.

if really worried then call 111 rather than online, I think they can advise on walk in doctors or what best to do. Not sure how it’s all changed in the covid era unfortunately

much appreciated for reply. Thank you.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I agree with @Andydragon ringing 111 might be a better option than on line. Also last resort show up at A/E.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

So here I am.

What do the voice messages say? Are you holding on long enough to be connected after the message. If you can't get through on the phone, why not go to the surgery (wear a mask) and speak to the receptionist. You should be able to make a telephone appointment at least.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Possibly heat or exercise induced vasculitis? Photo would help with suggestions.

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been enjoying DVT, I’m sure this is unhelpful but I definitely didn’t have any rashes, my only symptom was when the clots hit the lung, just trying to reassure, hope you get some help.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Much appreciate the responses. Rash has now gone. :cyclops:Something called a 'Disney Rash'!
Thank you so much for posting to update the thread. But now I've got to know. Dr Google says Disney rash typically lasts a couple of weeks. Did yours last 3 months or are you just late to update? (Not a criticism if you are, your update is greatly appreciated.)