Carb and grams training for freestyle libre app

MrCuddlyMoses

The Libre app only let's you enter a max of 400 grams or carbs and for breakfast I worked out that I take 156 grams using the carbs and grams calc app but for my lunch and supper I am taking more than 40p gram or carbs.
So when I have set the meal type and the insulin I go to the notes and enter what I have eaten.
Have spoken to Abbott's Diabetes about the Libre app and they are looking to see if they can change the amount go above 400 units of either.
Even if I go out for a meal the amount is above 400 so I am stuck with doing the notes.
And I eat normal healthier meals.

D

Deleted Account

400g carbs in a meal is a lot.
The recommended daily intake of carbs for someone on a “normal” diet is between 200 and 225g.
One medium banana, for example, has about 27g carbs. If you only ate bananas (which I realise is unlikely), you would need to eat 14 bananas in one sitting to get 400g carbs.
What are you eating that has so many carbs?

MrCuddlyMoses

400g carbs in a meal is a lot.
The recommended daily intake of carbs for someone on a “normal” diet is between 200 and 225g.
One medium banana, for example, has about 27g carbs. If you only ate bananas (which I realise is unlikely), you would need to eat 14 bananas in one sitting to get 400g carbs.
What are you eating that has so many carbs?
Hi I am using the carbs and calc app to use the food photos to build my meals and that is where I get the amount of carbs or grams I.e breakfast 2 weetabix and Milk it says is 156 grams, but when I do a meal with potatoes, meat and veg it's over400 grams. Is there any other calculator app I could try?

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi I am using the carbs and calc app to use the food photos to build my meals and that is where I get the amount of carbs or grams I.e breakfast 2 weetabix and Milk it says is 156 grams, but when I do a meal with potatoes, meat and veg it's over400 grams. Is there any other calculator app I could try?
2 weetabix should be about 25 carbs, and depending on how much milk it shouldn't be more than 10-15 carbs for that (dependent on if you drown said weetabix - when i used to have weetabix I probably only had about 5 carbs of milk)
Are you looking at calories instead of carbs by chance? - those numbers you're saying look more like calories to me.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hi there. I don't have Carbs and cals, but that maybe sounds more like the weight of the dish, rather then the carb content? 400gr carb is a lot at any given sitting.

Edited to say, @Rokaab's suggestion sounds lore sensible than mine.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
potatoes, meat and veg it's over400 grams.
No carbs in the meat, a little in the veg, potatoes are 17 grams of carbs per 100 grams and you surely don't eat over 2 kilograms of potatoes per meal. Something's going wrong with your counting.
Could you tell us what the app you use tells you? We might be able to spot the mistake :)