Carbs in food

bikerbaby86

How do i know how many carbs are to much in food? How much do i have per day? How many potatoes do i have with sunday roast, im so confused please give me an idea

Thank you in advance

Kielee

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hi,
its a matter of finding what works for you, have a look at the low carb and higher carb part of the forum, to keep bloods lower id suggest going lower carb for now and cutting out sugar, its different for me as im type 1 and if i wanted i could inject for higher carbs, i suggest buying collins little carb counting book and investing in a blood monitor(if u dont have one,u can often get one free from suppliers), its all test test test to see what foods affect you :D

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
First, there are various websites that list foods and their carb content; also which are Hi and Lo GI. I haven't a note of these sites but they should be somewhere on the Forum or just Google. There have been comments from contributors about the meal carb content they ideally aim for at each meal. A lot depends on your own metabolism etc. I personally find that some of the instant meal carb content such as Indian with rice can be up to 90 gms which does give me a blood sugar high. If I'm having a carb snack such as a muffin, scone etc I try to keep down to 20-25 gms. So, look at the pack and measure your blood sugar with a meter before and after 2 hours to check the effect on you.

the_anticarb

Dislikes
Spiders, winter, bills, ignorance, prejudice
hi - I can really recommend this book to help with carb counting as it has pictures of all the different foods, in different amounts, so if your scales are not handy you can learn to 'eyeball' your carbs.

It's called Carbs and Cals by Chris Cheyette and you can get it on amazon. Really helped me as it can be hard to equate a plate of food to a figure in carb g just from a normal carb counting book