Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@bulkbiker
What a delightfully civilized discussion. Loved it.
Covers human evolution, plant toxins, TMAO, IGF1 and protein amounts, ketosis mimicing caloric restriction. total nutrition from animal products, non requirement of fruit, veg and fibre in the diet, problems of polyphenols.

M

Member496333

Saladino is great. I’m subscribed to his Fundamental Health podcast and there’s heaps of awesome content on there. Just listening to this video now whilst preparing a plant-free dinner :nurse:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dinner tonight
1.9kg t-bone.. delicious
Pre cooking

IMG_1194.jpeg

Post cooking

IMG_1199.jpeg

Delicious and a few bits left over for tomorrow.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was gobsmacked to discover that our Tescos has multiple whole oxtails ‘out the back’.
I ask, and so long as no one else has bought them, they chop then for me, as many as I like.
Works out around £10-11 a tail - price is by weight though, so depends on size.

Reactions: Larissima

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Lots of meat at Real Food Rocks. Organic bunless burger, spit roasted lamb, lamb crackling and hog roast (declined lo-dough wrap in favour of some extra crackling. Brought some charcuterie home.

16E256A2-00F1-45DA-A6DB-D001F13716C1.jpeg
AAE74142-5359-41F1-82C0-FA1F0F9198B5.jpeg
BCDA1F8F-4E61-4514-B86F-2D0049EFF619.jpeg

Reactions: Larissima
D

Deleted member 308541

Evening all. Lots of meat at Real Food Rocks. Organic bunless burger, spit roasted lamb, lamb crackling and hog roast (declined lo-dough wrap in favour of some extra crackling. Brought some charcuterie home.
I like spit on the pig / sheep nights, we have not been to a fund raiser for while where they have them lately. Maori hangis are great as well if you can get to one.
Dwe01us.gif
Dwe01us.gif

Reactions: Goonergal

Carl13128

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just want to give you all an update regarding my trial with carnivore, I think
IMG_0106.jpg
this says it all

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Some great meat around at these summer festivals. I had great pork at the Bedford Taste festival a week ago. There's at least four coming up, down on the south coast near me. Can't wait.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What was the lamb crackling like?
Tried their duck snacks but didn't like the flavouring much.. gave it to hubs..

I liked the lamb ones. The duck ones are way too sweet - tried one piece of the Kampot black pepper and sea salt flavour (from a sample bowl) and wondered why it was sweet. Back of packet showed 6.8g carbs / 100g. Coconut sugar. Had an interesting chat with the business owner about it. Lamb ones are 1.1g/100g. Taste very lamby. The Moroccan spice is nicer than the mint one.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I liked the lamb ones. The duck ones are way too sweet - tried one piece of the Kampot black pepper and sea salt flavour (from a sample bowl) and wondered why it was sweet. Back of packet showed 6.8g carbs / 100g. Coconut sugar. Had an interesting chat with the business owner about it. Lamb ones are 1.1g/100g. Taste very lamby. The Moroccan spice is nicer than the mint one.
Have to look out for some.. many thanks.