Carnivore Corner

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Can you give me a hint where you ate that Bistecca? If I can get there, I'm having one! I went toe-to-toe with it's twin in Naples last year.:smug:
IMG_2935.jpg

1.065 kg of prime Scottona Beef!

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought a holiday in Italy would destroy my Low Carb lifestyle, instead it’s pushing me into Carnivoritism

IMG_2418.jpg

M

Member496333

3.8mmol/L glucose before dinner. 3.2 ketones.

This whole carnivore business is getting ridiculous now :D

M

Member496333

Ace numbers Jim. Are you settling into a pattern of particular food?

No not really. Well not intentionally at least. Just eating lots of animals and things that come out of them ;)

Interestingly, rather than skipping breakfast I’ve now found myself doing TMAD split roughly twelve hours apart. So early breakfast and an early evening meal. Not sure why, it’s just come naturally and seems to be working great. Trust your appetite, and all that eh? :D

Reactions: Fit725

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No not really. Well not intentionally at least. Just eating lots of animals and things that come out of them ;)

Interestingly, rather than skipping breakfast I’ve now found myself doing TMAD split roughly twelve hours apart. So early breakfast and an early evening meal. Not sure why, it’s just come naturally and seems to be working great. Trust your appetite, and all that eh? :D

What volume of food do you eat a day? Is it what you would have eaten split into two

M

Member496333

What volume of food do you eat a day? Is it what you would have eaten split into two

Not a lot. Just very energy dense. I don’t think I’m getting through any more or less food overall, so yeah I guess it’s roughly the same as before but split across two twelve hour fasts. I eat by appetite only, and don’t track calories or macros, so couldn’t say much else with any degree of accuracy. Never gain or lose a pound this way.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not a lot. Just very energy dense. I don’t think I’m getting through any more or less food overall, so yeah I guess it’s roughly the same as before but split across two twelve hour fasts. I eat by appetite only, and don’t track calories or macros, so couldn’t say much else with any degree of accuracy. Never gain or lose a pound this way.

Iappreciate that you don't weigh or measure, but how much meat do you estimate you eat, either per meal, or per day?

My way of guestimating it, were I in your shoes, would be to think if I bought 4 steaks, how many meals would that be, or the same with, say, a kilo of lamb or belly pork, say.

M

Member496333

Iappreciate that you don't weigh or measure, but how much meat do you estimate you eat, either per meal, or per day?

My way of guestimating it, were I in your shoes, would be to think if I bought 4 steaks, how many meals would that be, or the same with, say, a kilo of lamb or belly pork, say.

Not a huge amount of lean muscle except when I have a raw fillet (raw muscle really needs to be fillet or the fat can be tough). No more than say one steak’s worth a day, at a guess. Plenty of bacon. Between 4-8 duck eggs. I eat a lot of organs (often raw), and I cook my grub in lashings of duck fat and/or butter. It doesn’t take much bulk to get fully sated when everything you put in your mouth is so nutritious and energy dense. Eight duck eggs and one fillet is probably close to 2000 cals :D

Reactions: wiflib

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Quick update.
This past week meat only OMAD no cheese or other puds and only coffee with cream and tea with lactofree seem to have finally broken through the mystical 200 pound barrier.
This morning weighed in at 197.4 pounds the lightest I have been in my adult life!

M

Member496333

Quick update.
This past week meat only OMAD no cheese or other puds and only coffee with cream and tea with lactofree seem to have finally broken through the mystical 200 pound barrier.
This morning weighed in at 197.4 pounds the lightest I have been in my adult life!

Fabulous. Ketogenic carnivore just keeps delivering the goods :cool:

It perpetually amuses me that I couldn’t put on any weight if I tried. If I even attempted to gain weight I’d just become cataclysmically insulin resistant again :***:

Reactions: bulkbiker