1/2 cup Linseed/Flaxseed meal
4 eggs
1 tbsp baking powder
4+ tbsps oil
4+ tbsp cream or coconut milk
1/2 cup smashed pecans or walnuts
1 grated carrot
1/2 teasp nutmeg, 1 teasp cinnamon, 1/2 teasp ground ginger
zest of a lemon would have been super, I reckon!
add your choice of sweetener- you might have an idea how much you like in your baking. This time I used a liquid one, next time I will forget and use something else probably!

Mix everything in and add more oil and or cream/milk, if needed, to achieve a "fruit cake" consistancy mix.
Put half the mixture in a microwaveable box (I didn't grease or oil it) and micro for about 5-6 mins. Test with a skewer or knife as usual and turn out onto a cooler then cook the second half. Two cakes or if you have a larger container you could do the one cake and increase micro times. I know it would also cook well in a conventional oven.

Icing
Mascapone cheese or creme fresh
Lemon juice or lemon essence
sweetener

The icing is just when you want to show off a bit with your low carb cooking. It was delicious just with butter spread on it.

I really just kept adding stuff from my pantry that I thought would make a healthy, delicious cake. Wish I had thought of the lemon zest at the time.
Has anyone else thought of some extras they could throw into the mix?

How does this sound Synonym and Moogie?

Alison

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Thanks - I will report back - my adaptation of the micro-muffin recipe is popular with my friends at church.

clearviews

Dislikes
Arrogance, sarcasm and liars
Thanks IanD
Was the Microwave Muffin yours originally? It has made a cook out of my husband. If so, I am indebted to you forever.
All Tweaks will be gratefully recieved.
Mascarpone should be spelled as written here and not as before!
Love this new cook speak.
Alison

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Thank you so much! :D 8)

Can't wait to try it as I have been mourning about my carrot cake deprivation - I used to be a test pilot for carrot cake you understand! :lol:

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Ian's version
I didn't originate the 'Minute Muffin' but I have adapted as bread & various cake recipes.

58 ml scoop - ¼ cup
1x ground almonds
1x oat bran
1x soya flour
1x wheat germ
1x crushed mixed nuts
1 tsp baking power
1 tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp ginger
2 tabsp sweetener
Mix dry ingredients in a m/wavable pudding basin
Add:
1 carrot (comminuted in the food processor)
2 eggs
2/3 scoop oil
1/3 scoop water
Mix to a soft 'dropping' consistency
& M/W 3 minutes +1/2 minute

I enjoyed mine with cream – Ann had scraped out the crème fraiche to go with her high sugar jelly. She suggested more carrot & moister.

Next time I will include 1 scoop of milled seeds instead of wheat germ - & more carrot - soaked in orange or lemon juice.