Cataracts done.

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have never been able to see anything with my right eye, it just let light through and then a cataract formed. I was thinking before diagnosis of T2 that I would pay the £3,000 odd to have it done but because they couldn't see the back of the eye at retinography I was referred to the hospital. Had right eye done on 9th November and surgeon said she would improve my vision MIRACLE I can now see out of that eye for the first time ever. Had left eye done on 22nd December, this eye only had a small cataract but because my sight was improved in the right eye it needed doing. I now have to wait 4 weeks before optician can prescribe some reading glasses. After sixty odd years of wearing glasses I can see without them. Diabetes does have it's up side. I just want an operation now to make me look younger but I think there would be a long queue.

Reactions: 10 people

maisiepug

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
idiots who think they know everything but they really know nothing
A few years ago my husband had the same problem (non-diabetic) both eyes were affected and a very short treatment gave him a new lease of life as he does not have to wear glasses and can continue to drive with ease as bright sunlight and headlights do not affect him now, enjoy your new way of seeing things. I am waiting to see the consultant about my eyes as I am having problems my self at the moment.

Reactions: 2 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Really pleased for you Carol :)

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
I have never been able to see anything with my right eye, it just let light through and then a cataract formed. I was thinking before diagnosis of T2 that I would pay the £3,000 odd to have it done but because they couldn't see the back of the eye at retinography I was referred to the hospital. Had right eye done on 9th November and surgeon said she would improve my vision MIRACLE I can now see out of that eye for the first time ever. Had left eye done on 22nd December, this eye only had a small cataract but because my sight was improved in the right eye it needed doing. I now have to wait 4 weeks before optician can prescribe some reading glasses. After sixty odd years of wearing glasses I can see without them. Diabetes does have it's up side. I just want an operation now to make me look younger but I think there would be a long queue.
I have been waiting for years for this type of op to become available but alas I'm still waiting:oops: Cataract surgery is really amazing, I had my right eye done eighteen months ago and the difference was instant, I used to have reading driving and computer/tv glasses I now only use reading glasses. I'm really pleased your op went well enjoy looking at all the wonderful things you can now see, well done

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Great news and loved reading that !!