SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Hi everyone.
I'm sure for those who have been diagnosed for ages know about this but I've just been diagnosed 4months. Tonight I ate roasted cauliflower rice along side Pat kra pao moo sap.................brilliant, loved it and my husband almost stopped eating his rice.

Brilliant, I've got lots of ideas to make more use of it
Has anyone tried a cauli rice bread recipe?

Reactions: Rosiegough_

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I eat cauliflower rice with curries, definitely an acceptable low carb alternative. Unfortunately my Tesco has stopped selling it ready chopped up, so now I have to chop it myself or buy packets of microwave cauli rice. I’d be interested to hear your ideas of what else to do with it.

Rosiegough_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Evil beings. Destroying our beautiful Planet X
I’d love some recipes x

oldsle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I made some pan stir-fried cauli-rice tonight with sesame oil (it gives a nice nutty flavor to it) and scrambled an egg into it just like you get at the restaurants. And I made myself some nice veggie chop suey to go with it. Delicious!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I eat cauliflower rice with curries, definitely an acceptable low carb alternative. Unfortunately my Tesco has stopped selling it ready chopped up, so now I have to chop it myself or buy packets of microwave cauli rice. I’d be interested to hear your ideas of what else to do with it.
Morrison's doing it frozen hun :)

PS. Broccoli one too.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
It's great and versatile. Tonight we had 'hash browns' made with cauli rice, onion, egg and cheese.
I might make a batch to freeze. Have you froze yours before?

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Hi, I'm going to trysome fried "rice" with prawns or chicken for one. Also to use it as a salad base. If anyone has the bread recipe then I'm going to see if I can adapt it for a pizza base

jackois

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
try it as the 'mashed potato' on a cottage pie

you can also do a very nice egg-fried rice as well

Reactions: SueJB

Rusne

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey, I love cauliflower, best discovery for me. I would fry it with some kale or only with salt/pepper and garlic powder to make nice couscous/rice type thing to eat with fish or meat.
I made cauliflower pizza tge other day and to my surprise it was amazing! I used hard cheese with cauliflower and some seasoning, baked the base in the oven, fliped over, and then added ingredients on top and baked again. took a long time to do but the taste was great.
By the way, I am newly diagnosed T1 so experimenting a lot with food now.

Reactions: SueJB

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I'm going to trysome fried "rice" with prawns or chicken for one. Also to use it as a salad base. If anyone has the bread recipe then I'm going to see if I can adapt it for a pizza base
Hi, cauliflower pizza base very good. Mix cauli rice with mozzarella, parmesan and eggs, season with garlic salt and oregano and spread on a baking sheet and bung in the oven for about 20 mins or until golden. This is all from memory but it`s easy enough to google. Just remembered, squeeze the cauli rice to get rid of as much water as possible. Chris.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Hey, I love cauliflower, best discovery for me. I would fry it with some kale or only with salt/pepper and garlic powder to make nice couscous/rice type thing to eat with fish or meat.
I made cauliflower pizza tge other day and to my surprise it was amazing! I used hard cheese with cauliflower and some seasoning, baked the base in the oven, fliped over, and then added ingredients on top and baked again. took a long time to do but the taste was great.
By the way, I am newly diagnosed T1 so experimenting a lot with food now.
Hi
Can you give us the pizza recipe please?

Rusne

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
Can you give us the pizza recipe please?
I found it somewhere on youtube, it goes like this:
grate the caufiflower with blender or grater to small couscous like pieces
add that mixture to the pan without any oil or grease and put over medium heat to evaporate liquid from the cauliflower. might take a bit of time and I did it in baches.Let it cool.
add egg to the mixture (I used 2eggs for 3 pizzas for 3 people), season with salt and pepper and add grated cheese (i used similar to parmesan cheese which is hard to I think it holds the pizza crust together better than mozarella).
spread the mixture over oiled baking paper to form quite thin crust
bake in oven for 10-20 min until it becomes golden
Now at this point i improvised because i was afraid that the base will stick to paper. I let the crust cool down, flipped it over and then peeled the paper off. Then I put my pizza ingredients on top.
baked in the very hot oven for 10min until ready.

it was a long process but pizza was tasty and it held together quite well
good luck!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I found it somewhere on youtube, it goes like this:
grate the caufiflower with blender or grater to small couscous like pieces
add that mixture to the pan without any oil or grease and put over medium heat to evaporate liquid from the cauliflower. might take a bit of time and I did it in baches.Let it cool.
add egg to the mixture (I used 2eggs for 3 pizzas for 3 people), season with salt and pepper and add grated cheese (i used similar to parmesan cheese which is hard to I think it holds the pizza crust together better than mozarella).
spread the mixture over oiled baking paper to form quite thin crust
bake in oven for 10-20 min until it becomes golden
Now at this point i improvised because i was afraid that the base will stick to paper. I let the crust cool down, flipped it over and then peeled the paper off. Then I put my pizza ingredients on top.
baked in the very hot oven for 10min until ready.

it was a long process but pizza was tasty and it held together quite well
good luck!
MAGIC, love the impro that's the sort of stuff I do. Love the flip. Thanks so much for sharing. I'll let you know what happens

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Hi, cauliflower pizza base very good. Mix cauli rice with mozzarella, parmesan and eggs, season with garlic salt and oregano and spread on a baking sheet and bung in the oven for about 20 mins or until golden. This is all from memory but it`s easy enough to google. Just remembered, squeeze the cauli rice to get rid of as much water as possible. Chris.
Thanks Chris. Rusne gave a good solution to get rid of the extra water. Might be worth a try :)

Rusne

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
MAGIC, love the impro that's the sort of stuff I do. Love the flip. Thanks so much for sharing. I'll let you know what happens
haha no problem! good luck and enjoy!!!