Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
What is CBD oil?

Here you go :
The term “CBD ” is a nickname for cannabidiol, which is one of several cannabinoids, or chemical compounds, that are found in cannabis and hemp plants. Of course, the most famous cannabinoid is tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, which is the main psychoactive component in marijuana (aka, the part that gets you high).10 Nov 2018

Reactions: Breck Lundin

jack1996

I've decided to try a different tac with my type 2.

I've been on metformin since being diagnosed back in 2015 and suffered from constant diarrhoea, total lack of energy and stomach problems. For the first 3 years I was on 500mg twice a day and thought I was doing okay. The sugar levels were decent for the most part, and blood pressure was fine. But when I went for my annual check up in the diabetes clinic in July, the consultant insisted on increasing the dosage to 850mg and added a blood pressure tablet and also a blood cholesterol tablet to the mix. I wasn't too happy about this, especially as I'd had to put up with the metformin side effects on the lower dosage.

After a month on the new tablets the bloods hadn't changed to any great degree but the side effects were worse than ever. The diarrhoea was constant, I had absolutely no energy all day and could hardly venture out and this was compromising both my employment and my relationship. No sense managing the disease if my quality of life was going to be compromised as a result. Even while on the meds my bloods were always in the high 8's or low 9's with the odd 7 in there and I suspect that's why the dosage was increased.

Over the past year or so I've been hearing a lot of claims made about CBD oil. Last week after my first month's tablets were used I started to use the oil instead of the meds. This entails 4 drops (3.5mg per drop) under the tongue every morning and evening. After a week, my bloods are now in the low 7's, my stomach is fine and the diarrhoea is gone. Plus my energy levels are back to where they used to be. Huge difference.

So far so good. I'll be keeping an eye on how this is going. Has anyone else used the oil for a longer period and if so, has it done as well or better than the meds?
I actually have no experience with Metformin, but many of my friends kind of don't like it, because it's less efficient than CBD:
Naturally, I am a strong supporter for the legalization of cannabis in all circumstances. I have a completely different perspective on the plant than most people do. I believe the plant has a purpose and unfortunately due to the ignorance of man, fear of the unknown, and over-zealous lawmakers - we’ve never been allowed to truly understand the divine purpose of such a miraculous plant.

We have to remember, the Endocannabinoid System was just discovered 30 years ago. Until the early 1990’s - science had no idea why the body responded to THC the way that it does. All the information we’ve been taught about cannabis prior to at least 1995 was speculation - they had NO CLUE that we had a system specifically to process and utilize these compounds.

Legalize it, completely… open up the research ability of the top medical minds in the nation… Dr. Jeffery Chen at UCLA and many other scientists believe the Endocannabinoid system may play role in the development of ALL human disease. Imagine learning there’s been a plant in existence since the beginning of time that could help prevent even HALF of the diseases and ailments suffer with today.

We use vitamins to prevent deficiencies in our bodies, what if our Endocannabinoid is deficient? How do you supplement that? With phytocannabinoids from the plant.

Let’s think about this for a second… 114 people a day are dying from opioid overdose - a legal substance. 16,000 people died from ibuprofen in 2016. Who knows what that number is for benzos, anti-depressants, and other mood-altering pharmaceuticals. These are all legal - and no bats an eye.

No one has ever died from marijuana and it can do everything the opiates can without organ damage or horrible side effects. Yet… which one is still illegal?

My husband was prescribed lethal combinations of prescriptions in the Midwest - 4 hydrocodone, 4 percoset, and 2 fentanyl patches a day for pain, gabapentin for nerve damage, flexeril for muscle relaxation, HBP meds, high cholesterol meds, metformin for type 2 diabetes, and 2 Xanax daily for anxiety. Plus he took ibuprofen every 4 hours.

Today… my husband uses cannabis. Period.

Today, we are both healthier than we’ve ever been. So, I will argue to the death that cannabis isn’t meant for health and wellness, and I will continue telling my story until everyone has the same opportunity to change their life for the better like my husband and I did.

I had to completely walk away from my life to find my miracle… now I’m an evangelist so eventually no one else will have to go through what I did to get the help they need

Breck Lundin

Hi Jack,

Holy hell! Your poor hubby. All they seem to have left our is gabapentin to make him a total zombie.

How great he found cannabis in forms which work for him.

Reactions: 1spuds

Kimble73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm Type 2 Diabetic, and not on medication for it as yet, but I know I could not take metformin because my bowels would not tolerate it, I have diarrhea from the Diabetic diet, half the foods you have to eat cause IBS for me, whole wheat, oatmeal all cause me the diarrhea, I mentioned in the classes I took for diabetes and the lady running the class said well your going to have challenges, no help there. And certain dairy I can't have either, I'm hooped not knowing what to do. I have been suffering for 7 years with this crazy diet, and what are you suppose to do when you have sugar cravings, I crave so bad I give in, I can't stand it, anyone know what to do for that. My doctor hasn't been very understanding. And what do all you have for beverages, I can't just live on water, I don't drink tea and coffee tastes terrible with out Splenda, I have been told artificial sweeteners are bad for you. I have a Diet Pepsi instead. And I do drink water, but there isn't much choice, I enjoyed my one coffee in the morning, I hate this disease so much it put me in a depression, and anxiety, seems like we're so limited on what we can eat or drink. When I was first diagnosed, I lost a lot of weight and sugars were good but I was so hungry I couldn't stand it, It seems I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't stick to this **** starvation diet. Now there's a fad diet called Keto, but I don't think it's healthy for people with diabetes. And you go through what they call Keto sickness it's like the flu because your detoxing your body getting off sugar and carbs, I just can't seeing that very healthy. My life has been very difficult for the past three years with a lot of grief and trauma, my sugars are at last A1c's 6.3 and getting concerned, I've gained half the weight back. My mom passed away, and another trauma in are family has happened it's gets to much and trying to manage my sugars. Has anyone on here dealt with loss and trying to manage your sugars through all the grief? It's been a rollercoaster of emotions and lots of stress. And eating wrong foods through this. I'm at the end of my rope with no support from family and friends.

M

Member496333

I'm Type 2 Diabetic, and not on medication for it as yet, but I know I could not take metformin because my bowels would not tolerate it, I have diarrhea from the Diabetic diet, half the foods you have to eat cause IBS for me, whole wheat, oatmeal all cause me the diarrhea, I mentioned in the classes I took for diabetes and the lady running the class said well your going to have challenges, no help there. And certain dairy I can't have either, I'm hooped not knowing what to do. I have been suffering for 7 years with this crazy diet, and what are you suppose to do when you have sugar cravings, I crave so bad I give in, I can't stand it, anyone know what to do for that. My doctor hasn't been very understanding. And what do all you have for beverages, I can't just live on water, I don't drink tea and coffee tastes terrible with out Splenda, I have been told artificial sweeteners are bad for you. I have a Diet Pepsi instead. And I do drink water, but there isn't much choice, I enjoyed my one coffee in the morning, I hate this disease so much it put me in a depression, and anxiety, seems like we're so limited on what we can eat or drink. When I was first diagnosed, I lost a lot of weight and sugars were good but I was so hungry I couldn't stand it, It seems I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't stick to this **** starvation diet. Now there's a fad diet called Keto, but I don't think it's healthy for people with diabetes. And you go through what they call Keto sickness it's like the flu because your detoxing your body getting off sugar and carbs, I just can't seeing that very healthy. My life has been very difficult for the past three years with a lot of grief and trauma, my sugars are at last A1c's 6.3 and getting concerned, I've gained half the weight back. My mom passed away, and another trauma in are family has happened it's gets to much and trying to manage my sugars. Has anyone on here dealt with loss and trying to manage your sugars through all the grief? It's been a rollercoaster of emotions and lots of stress. And eating wrong foods through this. I'm at the end of my rope with no support from family and friends.

Hi. Any kind of grain (wheat etc.) is very much not suited to type 2 diabetes, irrespective of anything you may have read or been told. Additionally, grains are thought to play a part in all manner of gastrointestinal problems and even autoimmune conditions. In my opinion you would be well advised to begin thinking about the possibility of trying a low carbohydrate, anti inflammatory grainless diet. Have a wander around the low carb/ketogenic forums. Lots of information :)

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
The award winning CBD vape oil around here is LiveWell.
Online it's Provacan who are an Iraeli company whoc moved to the UK in 1969 because working with anything cannabis was illegal in Israel.
They are the people who first vdiscovered and isolated THC and same for CBD so you can't really get a better pedigree than that but expensive. Live well do 1,000 mg one for eighteen quid .... good price for an award winning oil.

Akis

I've been on metformin since being diagnosed back in 2015 and suffered from constant diarrhoea, total lack of energy and stomach problems. For the first 3 years I was on 500mg twice a day and thought I was doing okay. The sugar levels were decent for the most part, and blood pressure was fine. But when I went for my annual check up in the diabetes clinic in July, the consultant insisted on increasing the dosage to 850mg and added a blood pressure tablet and also a blood cholesterol tablet to the mix. I wasn't too happy about this, especially as I'd had to put up with the metformin side effects on the lower dosage.

After a month on the new tablets the bloods hadn't changed to any great degree but the side effects were worse than ever. The diarrhoea was constant, I had absolutely no energy all day and could hardly venture out and this was compromising both my employment and my relationship. No sense managing the disease if my quality of life was going to be compromised as a result. Even while on the meds my bloods were always in the high 8's or low 9's with the odd 7 in there and I suspect that's why the dosage was increased.

Over the past year or so I've been hearing a lot of claims made about CBD oil. Last week after my first month's tablets were used I started to use the oil instead of the meds. This entails 4 drops (3.5mg per drop) under the tongue every morning and evening. After a week, my bloods are now in the low 7's, my stomach is fine and the diarrhoea is gone. Plus my energy levels are back to where they used to be. Huge difference.

So far so good. I'll be keeping an eye on how this is going. Has anyone else used the oil for a longer period and if so, has it done as well or better than the meds?
Do u still use cbd,and if yes how is it going?

Akis

R u still using cbd?how is it going?

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I was on the regular metformin and after getting to three and having the usual issues people have, doing a time for racing to the bathroom that Usain Bolt wouldn't sniff at, I was put on the slow release, but that has sent me the other way!

I do totally understand what you mean because while researching IBS, a lot of the stuff I would and indeed do cook for LCHF are the kinds of things you should avoid.

When I was first diagnosed it was ALL going on... high BP, high cholesterol and all the foods were contrary to each other. So... I started with focusing on the high blood sugars and started gently moving from the lovely high GI (Glycemic Index) foods we all love to medium to low. Once things had stabilised, I then moved more to LCHF.

I have a few Keto recipes I use but I largely try and keep to below 80 carbs a day, and if I can get below 50-60 that is usually a very good day for me. Since lockdown I have been able to get into a routine of better cooking/eating, regular exercise (although in fairness I was always quite active whenever I was home and not travelling) and as such have lost more weight that way and feel a hell of a lot better for having been 'stuck' at home and not in and out of airports. The downside is... as a freelancer, I am basically unemployed at the moment, which brings its own anxiety, and the year I was diagnosed, I lost my mother and my uncle (her brother) so I totally understand how you feel with recent bereavements.

So that you don't continue to feel overwhelmed maybe try and work on one thing at a time. First off... lowering the carbs, getting that sugar down and more importantly it being consistent. Then start to tackle the other things. I hope this helps and sending you a remote hug.