Celebrating 60 years of type 1

charlieb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I passed this milestone on 4th August 2019, have had ups and downs but still enjoying a great life.

Reactions: Prem51

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Wowsers. You deserve high praise indeed.

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
I passed this milestone on 4th August 2019, have had ups and downs but still enjoying a great life.
Really impressive! Had I not been re-plumbed in August 2013, I would have also celebrated 60 years on 30th July, but I cheated!
Carry on enjoying yourself for a good many more years. All the very best.

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
60 years congratulations, how time flies, only 50 years for me, diabetes treatment has come a long way, but my doctor told me there would be a cure within 10 years 50 years ago, Oh well maybe one day for new diabetics, so keep going and look forward to you posting 70 years

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
My mother was informed by the hospital that there was only one other child under the age of 2 in July 1959. I realise that that can't be you, but I have always wondered where they are. I also wonder how they knew that when communication was a bit more primitive. Presumably you were very young - but don't give away your age!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Hi, life with type 1 is like rides at the funfair, from the easy going carousel to the up's and down's of a roller coaster.
It's great to read an inspiring, positive post, well down and huge congratulations :)

Last edited:

Ray B

Type of diabetes
Type 1

Well done Charlie. That is brilliant. I have also just passed a milestone as I have done 74 years with Type 1.
We can hopefully inspire others to catch us pass is with modern insulin and testing regimes.
Once again we’ll done.
Cheers Ray B