Celebrating real foods

Moiici

A good homemade curry always has leftovers, and apart from coconut milk, if low fat.
Sweat sweet potato, carrot, courgette in stockpot.
Turn down geat, and put in tsp mustard seeds and cumin seeds
Add fresh chilli, ginger, garlic and red onion to own taste/heat
Add chickpeas.
Add coconut milk (250 ml )
Add spice mix ( 3 taste curry mix, 1 tsp ground coriander, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp garam masala, black pepper, salt, sugar (1 tbsp)
Bring coconut milk to boil, turn tight down
Add mushrooms
Just before serving, add peas
Serve with chopped coriander if available

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve been particularly hungry the last few days. It’s easier to eat bigger/ more meals I think, than risk snacking on bits and bobs which won’t hit the spot.
I had breakfast for a change - a cheese omelet.
Lunch was 3 air fried lamb ribs ( eaten with my fingers!)
Dinner was a take-out from an American style diner, to celebrate my dog’s birthday: char grilled chicken breast burger with cheddar and bacon, lettuce, onion and tomato plus sriracha Mayo. ( ditched the bun of course) fabulous.
@MrsA2 I do like the sound of your cheese on cheese.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Obviously hunger spreads as I’ve been ravenous today.

Lunch was an air fried poussin seasoned with Rosemary and garlic salt. Followed by Fage 0% yoghurt.

Ordered Nando’s for dinner - allowed myself some of their nuts and added Halloumi and boneless thighs. Initially kept one of the thighs for tomorrow, but it’s since been eaten. And more yoghurt!

Reactions: DJC3

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow MrsA2, SO good you posted it three times and it sounded so yummy I liked it three times! :)
3 times? Short mention in "eaten today" then longer on here but where's the third?

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
3 times? Short mention in "eaten today" then longer on here but where's the third?

The mods deleted them, they all appeared on the SAME post. I was just having a little joke with you, I'm guessing there was a blip in the system meaning it posted 3 times on the same thread. I haven't been stalking your posts, honest! :)

Reactions: DJC3 and MrsA2

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The mods deleted them, they all appeared on the SAME post. I was just having a little joke with you, I'm guessing there was a blip in the system meaning it posted 3 times on the same thread. I haven't been stalking your posts, honest! :)
Definitely a blip somewhere, blip somewhere, blip somewhere ;)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

OMAD+ of air fried lamb ribs coated in lemon pepper followed by Fage 0% yoghurt. Then more yoghurt in lieu of dinner as not very hungry.

Nice piece of lamb leg for tomorrow.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is time I admitted that the kefir grains need dividing.
I hate doing it.
Feels like murder.

I’m away from home tomorrow->Easter Sunday so will have a lot less control over food, which will be a lot less Real, and will involve nut bars and assorted bought cold cuts (some of which are pretty dire, aren’t they?) and so on.
Nevermind.
Tonight is either a defrosted lamb tagine (yum) or a defrosted rogan josh (yum), the decision will be made as I walk into the kitchen. :D The other meals will be left for Mr B when I am gone.

Reactions: KK123 and DJC3

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is time I admitted that the kefir grains need dividing.
I hate doing it.
So what is kefir supposed to do for me? Found an unsweetened one in asda so have dutifully drunk it but it just tastes like a sour yoghurt

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’d never heard of Rouladen @Hotpepper20000 I had to look it up, it sounds wonderful.
Today I managed to keep to 2 meals.
Scrambled eggs and avocado around lunchtime
Chuck Eye beef from the pasture fed beef farm shop with salad for dinner. I also picked up flat iron steaks, bavette steak and beef short ribs which I slow cooked in stock from last weeks bones. Reverse seared the Chuck eye - I’ve never heard of this cut but will be looking out for it again.
IMG_1616882445.386550.jpg

Hotpepper20000

I’d never heard of Rouladen @Hotpepper20000 I had to look it up, it sounds wonderful.
Today I managed to keep to 2 meals.
Scrambled eggs and avocado around lunchtime
Chuck Eye beef from the pasture fed beef farm shop with salad for dinner. I also picked up flat iron steaks, bavette steak and beef short ribs which I slow cooked in stock from last weeks bones. Reverse seared the Chuck eye - I’ve never heard of this cut but will be looking out for it again. View attachment 48396
It sure is. But not something to be made on a weeknight takes a bit of time and easy to make keto.
Chuck eye is a common cut here and delicious.

Hotpepper20000

So I bought a cows tongue from the butcher yesterday.
Any one have any good ideas?
I usually just put it in a slow cooker on low with onions and salt pepper.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So I bought a cows tongue from the butcher yesterday.
Any one have any good ideas?
I usually just put it in a slow cooker on low with onions and salt pepper.
We use a slow cooker to cook them as well.

Don't forget to skin it after it's cooked.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 that steak looks fab
@Hotpepper20000 I’d go for the rouladen minus the mustard and pickles (fussy, me?).

I experimented with a cow’s tongue a year or so ago during Organuary. Can’t remember exactly what I did with it, but involved boiling, skinning and the slow cooker. Was underwhelmed - a bit bland, as I remember. Probably due to the chef not being up to the job, so I’ll be interested to hear how you get on. It wasn’t cheap either!