Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
yay ive reserved it at argos, im picking it up tommorow hehe

smartlady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Yay Andy at last you can join in the fun. Didn't like to see you sulking lol. I managed to walk to corner shop today. Not far I know, but with agoraphobia just getting through the front door is a major achievement!! If I had a ped I doubt it would even reach 3 figures lol (very small flat)

Smartie xx

Reactions: 4 people

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Every little counts! Baby steps :) my blog post today was about this actually, and it's called baby steps haha

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
I only managed just over 2000 today. I have clocked up about 600 of these since ive been home. I decided to give the arms a rest and so ive been doing 2 or 3 laps of the stairs.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah I couldn't do just dance everyday. We walked into town for dinner, so all the extra steps was ruined with a big tea haha

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1390546962.580380.jpg

So yesterday was pretty good. Andy that's your challenge now ;)

I've got a long drive after work today so I'm not sure ill manage 5000. Fingers crossed!

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
*running round the room shouting* i have it! i had the un boxing ceremony at 10:30am its 4:30pm and I've done 2956 hehe, isn't it surprising how may step you take, i wasn't believing it was right so i counted my next 20 steps and sure enough it was bang on hehe interesting experiment :)

nuttybeaver

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Selfish people
Think I'll route my pedometer out too :) All this competition is 1 way of encouraging me to get out more. Can you use the pedometer on a run too? :D

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
in the interest of fairness im not going to :)

but i cant see why it woulndt work

Reactions: 4 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
ok.... forgot to wear it when i got up, only remembered in the shower at which point i tried not to move around too much because it felt like a waste lmao i think i may be taking this too serious already :cool:

Reactions: 2 people

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Competitive streak?!?

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Competitive streak?!?

lol no as far as i know I'm the least competitive person i know, I'm more the hippy type but without the drugs lol i had already decided to lie if i win lmao like you care right!

i just like the game :)

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I feel like I want one. I am a bit trigger happy with gadgets. Info-commercials are aimed at me. If its a fitness gadget or a kitchen gadget I have it/need it/want it.
I have a Polar heart rate monitor still in its box. I used my juicer once, took it apart to clean it and never put it back again.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
I feel like I want one. I am a bit trigger happy with gadgets. Info-commercials are aimed at me. If its a fitness gadget or a kitchen gadget I have it/need it/want it.
I have a Polar heart rate monitor still in its box. I used my juicer once, took it apart to clean it and never put it back again.

i only need the stuff that i can't afford, and the little voice that sits on my shoulder shouting "your a long time dead" makes me get it, the more it costs the better it is the more my life will be enhanced by it sitting there never being used

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
only need the stuff that i can't afford, and the little voice that sits on my shoulder shouting "your a long time dead" makes me get it, the more it costs the better it is the more my life will be enhanced by it sitting there never being used

I think you can read my mind.

This week I decided I needed a Shake Weight. So I looked for some reviews. And then saw a South Park parody and it put me off

( do not watch the link if you are easily offended)

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I've just ordered a pedometer...there is no hope for me....