Change meds or not?

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hi Shygirl you have certainly had a rough time by the sound of things, hope things improve this year :D

All drugs have lists of side effects and Victoza is no exception, but not everyone gets all or indeed any of these side effects though so unless you try it you will never know. If you do try it you can always stop the treatment if it doesn't agree with you.

There are other diabetic drugs available other than metformin, have you been tried on gliclazide for example?

Really hope you can get all your problems sorted :thumbup:

Camilla

Dislikes
Negative people with closed minds.
ShyGirl said:
I've had issues with metformin and spent a lot of last year in the loo.
I also developed high BP , anaemia and went from one illness to another alongside severe home issues and a trip to A&E for strange eye thing i'm still scared about which took it out of me as i've no support and don't really enjoy life.

I ended the year with chest infection . vomiting , cold and antibiotic course and a failed gastroscopy that had to be repeated.
In Nov/Dec nurse removed my pills without telling me and I spent the time with readings continually above 14 although as I said I also had infection at the time and luckily , after multiple calls and visits , saw a GP who put me back on old pill but now i've been told my latest habc1 is close to 9 :shock:

I've now had news from hospital nurse that the boss said i'm free to try Liraglutide (Victoza) even though i've tummy issues but i'm wondering if I should.

She said I can decide next week but i'm just not sure as the SR metformin is working okish (I have IBS and i'm due other tests although i'll be refusing) but I realise i've gone from 2000mg per day to 750 so maybe I need victoza.

What is your diet like? Tell us what you eat in an average day. It is mostly by diet we can really make a difference I reckon.