CHARCOT'S FOOT/ARTHROPATHY

kaking54

I've read the posts in the discussions and the Complications sections and was wondering if there were any other helpful links or stories you all are willing to share regarding Charcot's Foot. I was diagnosed a month ago and have been searching for hopeful outcomes. I don't have the NHS to deal with, but, I have the problem of not necessarily being able to pay for everything since I have private insurance and high deductibles. Regardless, I am finding that the medical profession doesn't seem to be able to give me answers, so I have been searching for them.

My GP thought I had a sprained ankle but sent me to have xrays to be sure. After the xrays came back she sent me to an orthopedist since it looked like I had osteonecrosis. That took 1 1/2 weeks to get an appointment. The orthopedist sent me to the podiatrist after he tentatively diagnosed me with Charcot's Foot but only after taking more xrays of my foot then he told me to look it up on the internet. It took another 3 weeks to get into the Podiatrist's office where very little was explained to me. I found another Podiatrist who is willing to answer more questions than the first. However, I have found I have many questions that they aren't able to answer and it has been very frustrating.

So, as I stated in my introduction, I have been spending the past few weeks learning and am willing to share what I have learned with anyone who is interested as well as learn from anyone willing to share. Thanks for taking to time to read this.

stevvie1

I have also recently been diagnosed after two x-rays and finally an MRI scan. The early recognition and stabilization of the leg is paramount, which didn't happen in my case. I agree with the Internet look it up yourself advice. Willing to share any experiences if they would be helpful to you. Currently wearing a below the knee foot and leg splint, probably for 6-9 months. It's a long process.