1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

CHIA SEEDS

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Frosty66, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Frosty66

Frosty66 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hello everyone
    Today I had my first chia seed pudding
    It tasted like sago which I remember from my schooldays. Not unpleasant but pretty tasteless.
    Now does anyone have any idea about flavourings. I could quite happily eat this every day for breakfast if it wasnt so bland.
    My weight continues to drop slowly but my downfall is fruit lol. But I do feel 100% better
    Thank you Janet.

2. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Love mine made with almond milk a splash of double cream and freshly grated nutmeg!

3. Listlad

Listlad Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Add cream. And mixed forest fruits. Or cocoa powder and some artificial sweetner.

4. Prem51

Prem51 Type 2 · Expert

I use milkshake flavouring to give it taste. You can get 'sugar free' milkshake syrups.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Japes

Japes LADA · Well-Known Member

I use cinnamon just because I've always liked the taste of cinnamon rather than any possible good effects on blood sugars! (But, I do mix the chia seeds with Alpro Plain Yogurt or the Asda Free From Plain Yogurt with some berries and cream as well.)

6. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Try adding instant espresso powder and sweetner of you choice :hungry:

7. Yellredder

Yellredder Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

I've been using cinnamon and Greek yoghurt - then when I eat it I sprinkle nuts on top. Or if I make it with coconut milk, I put cocoa powder in it.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook